[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (10/11/01)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 12:36:28 -0500

!!!BE SURE TO CHECK OUR NEW 'COMING SOON' SECTION!!!

TORN #104

Saturday November 10, 2001

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

McKellen Pics From 'LOTR Day'
James Gerber sends along these great pics of Ian McKellen from the 'LOTR
Day' event, be sure to check out the first pic for a look at Sir Ian getting
interviewed for a future chapter of TORN Digital!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1005364982]

LOTR Day Events!
Here is a collection of LOTR Day events from all over the United States.
Return here often for updates! Did you go to the event at a Barnes & Noble
near you? send along your review!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1005250549]

The ENTIRE LOTR:FOTR Score!
Well, I know the second I post this it'll get so bogged down with hits that
the poor folks with slower connection speeds will never hear it. But, for
whatever reason, Apple has the ENTIRE LOTR:FOTR score available to listen
to! It IS streaming, so test your luck!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1005195914]

What's This? Over 95 NEW Casa Loma Pics?!
Yes, TheOneRing.net, the ONLY site to provide you with exclusive Casa Loma
pics has hit the motherload!!! Here we have an AMAZING collection of NEW
pics from Casa Loma! New stuff!!! Amazing!! Thanks to Adam, Rob and Zoltan
for all the hard work!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1005110908]

Just when You Thought It Couldn't Get Cooler
TORN EXCLUSIVE! Check out the NEW LOTR:FOTR poster!! This comes direct from
Casa Loma and has been something I've heard about for some time now, this is
it, this is the ONE we shall see everywhere...check it out right here!!!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004939673]

Wanna Download the WHOLE LOTR:FOTR Score?
This, I cannot believe..and have yet to hear it all, but Leonides hit me
over ICQ to tell me to visit this page, and visit it fast! You can now
download about 30 seconds of each track from the LOTR:FOTR score! UPDATE -
Seems that the soundtrack.net servers are getting killed with hits right
now.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004936709]

LOTR Score Review.
Amazon.com has an editorial review of the Shore LOTR soundtrack CD. It's not
as impartial as a critic's or customer's review but still paints a good
picture of what you can expect to hear.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004905305]

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Hall of Fire Chats for November 10th & 11th

Led blindfolded, the Fellowship arrive at the Golden Wood, Lothlórien, where
they are kindly greeted by Lord Celeborn and Galadriel. Bearing ill tidings
of the demise of Gandalf the Grey, the eight walkers are welcomed by the
Elves and spend several days in their lands. However, they must never forget
the quest they still have in front of them, a message made very clear by the
harrowing vision Frodo sees in the pale waters of a flowing basin. This
weekend, the Hall of Fire discusses:

Book II Chapter VII - The Mirror of Galadriel
[http://www.theonering.net/barlimans/index.html]

Tolkien Caption Contest winners announced!!!!

O.K., All you budding comedians out there.... you know who you are, we have
spent many hours judging and fretting over all these hilarious entries. The
victors have been selected, check out these LOTR laughs!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1005360608]

COMING SOON:

Planning on lining up early to get good seats for LOTR:FOTR? Want every
other LOTR fan in the area to join you? Sign up at our 'LOTR LINE PARTY
PAGE', coming soon! Every theatre, village, town, city, state, province in
North America can be represented, as well as tons of countries around the
world! Watch the front page of TORN this Monday!

Richard Taylor, head of effects and creatures at WETA Workshop, recently
spoke with Xoanon from TORN, watch for the interview to come online early
next week! Richard talks about the stages he goes through in creating all
the effects for LOTR, his work with SideshowToy in creating amazing
miniatures and all the coolness involved with LOTR!

Quickbeam has certainly gotten too hasty this time...he has decided to tell
you all about his travels to Middle-earth...

We Like To Party!!!

TORN would like to see Tolkien fans have their own 'Fellowship' bash on the
19th, right here in New Zealand. It should be a big glamour event, given
that we've got a chance to have the first public screenings in the world
(it's the dateline thing acting in our favor!) Ideas, suggestions, and
expressions of interest to tehanu@theonering.net. We need to get an idea of
numbers. Meanwhile, watch this space.

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Barlimans is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Check out the huge October additions to Green Books: Turgon's Bookshelf,
Anwyn's Counterpoint and Quickbeam goes 'Out on a Limb' each month. A rich
bounty of new Q&A,  Great Fan Fiction in Moon Letters Green Books continues
to be the most diverse and dynamic online Tolkien magazine on the web. Come
explore the WORDS and WORLDS of Tolkien!
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Tolkien community never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

Our Tolkien Fan section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

Shop.theonering.net is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718