[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (02/11/01)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:40:33 -0500

HELP THE HEROES

We're doing our part to help all the people touched by the recent terrorist
attacks. Please buy a TORN T-Shirt from our SHOP section and 15% will be
donated to the American Red Cross.
[http://shop.theonering.net/special.html]

!!!HALLOWEEN CONTEST!!! WIN GOODIES!!!! SEE BELOW

TORN #103

Friday November 2, 2001

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

'May It Be' Full Lyrics
Check out our community site 'elvish.org' for a full translation of Enya's
Quenyan lyrics, some very cool stuff!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004668725]

Download 2 New Commercials NOW!
Ringer Spy Marc was savvy enough to record and upload 2 of the new LOTR
commercials appearing on TNT or FOX or both. Check them out! A very choice
few new lines and scenes, Lothlorien shot I'm sure or my name isn't X, check
it out, very cool indeed!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004591910]

Wanna Hear Enya's 'MAY IT BE' Right Now?!
While hosting the song proved WAY too taxing on our servers, you can still
download it from inscifi.net that is, until that gets torn down. So go fast!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004548376]

Casa Loma Reports and Pics
Here's a complete collection of Casa Loma pics and reports:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004506467
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004535799
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004575642
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004628416

Enhanced LOTR Score Packaging!
I know you may say...what? But this is a very cool pic from Ringer Spy white
Owl, check out packaging for the Limited Edition Leather Bound Lord of the
Rings CD. It's very cool, and may very well be the 'enhanced' score that
everyone wants to know about!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004465617]

Updated List Of Stores For LOTR Day
The folks at Houghton Mifflin have sent me an updated list of stores around
the US where YOU can view a special behind-the-scenes video on November the
8th!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004382097]

Media Watch: CinePremiere Magazine (AKA COOL Gandalf & Saruman pic!)
RosaNegra sends us these great scans from CinePremiere Magazine, take a look
as some of those cool new pics!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1004324210]

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Hall of Fire Chats for November 3rd and 4th

With Aragorn at the helm, the Fellowship are forced to turn away from Mordor
and its bottomless depths which they believe to be the resting place of
Gandalf the Grey. The eight walkers stumble upon Lothlórien, the Golden Wood
and for a brief moment offer a respite from their troubles. But as Frodo
learns, even the mirror of Galadriel cannot hide from him the perils that
lie ahead. This weekend, the Hall of Fire discusses all this and more as we
examine

Book II Chapter VI - Lothlórien
[http://www.theonering.net/barlimans/index.html]

HALOWEEN CONTEST!!!

TheOneRing.net is proud to announce its third straight year of the Halloween
Contest Party for Tolkien fans worldwide. This year, the prizes are bigger
and better, so we expect you to have bigger and better costumes. This is
your chance to really impress the judges and win some absolutely
mind-blowing prizes from Sideshow/WETA Collectibles and Fantasy Flight
Games. Each winner will get over 100 dollars worth of prizes!
[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/contests/100101_halloween.html]

We Like To Party!!!

TORN would like to see Tolkien fans have their own 'Fellowship' bash on the
19th, right here in New Zealand. It should be a big glamour event, given
that we've got a chance to have the first public screenings in the world
(it's the dateline thing acting in our favour!) Ideas, suggestions, and
expressions of interest to tehanu@theonering.net. We need to get an idea of
numbers. Meanwhile, watch this space.

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Barlimans is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Check out the huge October additions to Green Books: Turgon's Bookshelf,
Anwyn's Counterpoint and Quickbeam goes 'Out on a Limb' each month. A rich
bounty of new Q&A,  Great Fan Fiction in Moon Letters Green Books continues
to be the most diverse and dynamic online Tolkien magazine on the web. Come
explore the WORDS and WORLDS of Tolkien!
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Tolkien community never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

Our Tolkien Fan section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

Shop.theonering.net is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Buy a TORN T-Shirt & 15% goes to the RED CROSS
http://shop.theonering.net/special.html

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718