[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (02/08/01)

Xoanon xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:28:44 -0400

TORN #91

Thursday August 2, 2001

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

4 LOTR Trailers?
Ringer Spy Mike sends along some very interesting news regarding a possible
3rd and 4th LOTR trailers! None of this can be confirmed at the moment, but
take a look and get ready to dance!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/996701039]

LOTR Stunt Team Say 'Hi' to TORN
Lance and some folks who worked on stunts for LOTR (Lance was Sean Bean's
[Boromir] stunt double). They sent us a great pic of the stunt crew during a
break
from a practice stunt in NZ. Take a look, more pics to come. !!SPoilers!!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/996641433]

New LOTR Sword Pics!
Check out these amazing pics from my insider at United Cutlery! These things
look amazing! I cannot wait to have Sting hanging from my wall!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/996539004]

Wanna See INSIDE Edoras?!
Ringer Super Spy Glaurung sends along these AMAZING pics from the long
destroyed Edoras set! These pics are truly amazing, you can see the
attention to
detail and the truly REAL feeling this set has! Take a look! !!!SPOILERS!!!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/996424255]

PJ Talks 'Books to Film' Changes
South African Website www.mnet.co.za has a great clip of Peter Jackson
talking
about why there are changes between the books and the film, and what he
hopes the
fans will see in his version of the films! (Windows Media Player Needed)
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/996422558]

Finding Hobbiton!!!
The Official site has posted a VERY COOL Real Video all about the finding,
building and filming of Hobbiton! The video throws us WAY back to the the
original
first few months of the pre-production. There's small clips from PJ, Ian
McKellen
(Gandalf), and Alan Lee. As well as a confirmation on just what the 'Green
Dragon'
looks like! (RealPlayer Needed)
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/996283610]

BK Website to Show LOTR Footage?
A Ringer Spy has contacted me with info regarding the Burger King Website.
Apparently
they plan on showing 12 Minutes of footage on the site. Who knows if this
will come true,
but I am currently working on confirmation, and more details.

Andy Serkis talks Gollum
Ringer Spy Andy (Serkis?) sends along this article from he UK paper "Metro",
in it Andy
Serkis (Gollum) talks about his time as Gollum, check it out!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/996241327]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Barlimans is more than a place to get your mead! There
is the Fun Section, Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and
of course the gateway to our ever famous MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) The Lord of the Rings
Director's very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man,
the myth, the bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The
Bastards Have Landed' is the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Be amazed, dear Readers, at the splendid July fireworks in our new
Green Books: Stinging satire from Turgon: "How to Express Your
Tolkien Ignorance: A Guide for the Media." Anwyn explores Tolkien's
pro-Nature, anti-Industrial bent in her new Counterpoint. The Brothers
Hildebrandt take our Special Guest on a 70's nostalgia trip. In Tributes:
see how Tolkien inspires great writers like Robin Hobb , from the new
Meditations on Middle-earth, edited by Karen Haber Tookish's Ticklers is
filled with zany, brilliant, goofy humor! Check out 16 new Q&A. Enjoy the
Tolkien-inspired stories and whip-smart essays in Moon Letters. It's your
forum for Fan Fic, so keep submitting your best stuff! There are new updates
in red to previous Q&A.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Tolkien community never looked so good! Come and check out
our listing of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got
everything from Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth
image ever created, to our FX section, devoted to the magic of motion
picture special effects. As well as a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

Our Tolkien Fan section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and
TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

Shop.theonering.net is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking
on over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

TORN Digital is Coming August 20th

In the next few weeks, we will be showing you small details on
TheOneRing.net's new
exciting venture into the internet/video media: TORN Digital. While we don't
want to
give too much away, we would like to show you some of the people involved in
the
production.

This week, we have a great picture of one of the hosts of TORN Digital,
Ingrid Dellalian.
Ingrid is a native of Australia and now lives in New York City. She was
chosen alongside 2
other great ladies from the countless amounts of casting entries we received
from our production
team in New York City. She is very excited to start her new hosting job on
TORN Digital, and
soon you'll be able to see her work on TheOneRing.net!

http://www.theonering.net/TORNDIGITAL/torndigitalhost.html

TORN Digital's first episode is scheduled for August 20th. Be sure to check
this space for
more TORN Digital info every week! Next week we will take a look at another
one of our
hosts, and see who's working behind the scenes to make this show happen!

We Like to Party!!!

Talking of premieres and celebrations, TORN would like to see Tolkien fans
have their own 'Fellowship' bash on the 19th, right here in New Zealand.
It should be a big glamour event, given that we've got a chance to have the
first public screenings in the world (it's the dateline thing acting in our
favour!) Ideas, suggestions, and expressions of interest to
tehanu@theonering.net - we need to get an idea of numbers. Meanwhile, watch
this space.
That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to say hi?
Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak
with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina
Xoanon - Editor in Chief
http://theonering.net - 514.947.5221