[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing,net's Worldwide Tolkien Fan Search 2001!!

Xoanon xoanon@theonering.net
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:29:05 -0400

                                            !!!WE WANT YOU TO SUBMIT
TODAY!!!!

TheOneRing,net's Worldwide Tolkien Fan Search 2001!! We here at TORN are
searching the world over for the world's biggest Tolkien fan. Do you have an
entire room devoted to your Tolkien collection? Or maybe a tattoo of Smeagol
in an area you can't disclose to the general public? Or better yet, maybe
you have a set of triplets named Gandalf, Saruman and Sauron! Well, we wanna
hear about it! So, all you Tolkien-maniacs out there write your story down,
or take a photo of what you think makes you the "World's biggest Tolkien
fan!"

Special thanks to Houghton Mifflin books and FantasyPewter.com for prize
donations

First Prize: Ent Goblet FantasyPewter.com
Second Prize: History of Middle-earth Amazon.co.uk
Third Prize: Atlas of Middle-earth Amazon.com

RULES:

1. All entries must include proof (either photo or scan of document) meaning
you cannot write in and say "I have a son named John Ronald Reuel Aragorn
Smeagol Samwise Shelob Moskowitz III" and expect to win.

2. All photos and videos must be acceptable for viewers of all ages.

3. Images/scanned submissions should be one of the following image formats:
.bmp, .jpg, .gif, .tif, .png, .psd

4. Video submissions should be in NTSC format. (Sorry folks, I don't have a
VCR that can read PAL Format) Or, if you are submitting your video online,
please send it in quicktime format. We will also accept .avi, .mpg

5. All entries must be received by May 20th 2001.
DON'T FORGET! WE CANNOT SEND YOUR PHOTOS AND VIDEOS BACK TO YOU! SO KEEP THE
ORIGINALS

Email: calisuri@theonering.net
(Don't worry about sending large files, we can handle them.)
Postal:
TheOneRing.net
3377 Pamela Circle
State College, PA 16801
USA

Read the fine print!

By submitting an entry to win or participating in one of TheOneRing.netT's
contests you:

grant TheOneRing.netT the right to publish all or part of your submission or
participation in any entered contest on TheOneRing.netT.
agree to release a pseudonym that you use on TheOneRing.netT for publication
as a winner or participant of the contest you participate in.
agree to all rules and the decisions of the judges and sponsors.
agree that TheOneRing.netT can not be held responsible for any Acts of God,
devastations, plagues, deaths, or injuries.
TheOneRing.netT is not responsible for any lost, damaged, misdirected,
misordered, delayed, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due
entries, mail, or email. TheOneRing.netT is not responsible for any charges,
fines, injuries, prison sentences, illnesses, or mental trauma resulting for
participation of these contests or the use, mis-use, or possession of the
prizes from these contests.

Michael Regina
Xoanon - Editor in Chief
http://theonering.net - 514.947.5221