[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 14/09/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:56:01 -0400

--------------1D02A7A7BAD5AA239C8C7629

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #59

Thursday September 14, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Edoras Set Pics! Ringer Spy Lapp took his Hollow
Man juice and traveled down to the Edoras set and
snapped a few pics! [More]

The view from the lake is fine! Ringer Spy Dwarvo
risks an Orc attack and braves the dangers that is Lake
Mavora and gets some great snaps of the LOTR set!
[More]

The Hobbits are Coming! Great big REAL pics from
Vanity Fair! This is sooooo smacktacular!!! [More]

New Set News! Ringer Spy Dwarno sends in some
news from the South Island, a new set on the Mavora
Lakes near Queenstown! [More]

Takaka Set News: From: Laron My first cousin has been
flying the film crew of Lord of the Rings around when they
were filming around Takaka, Golden Bay... [More]

John Noble Pics!! -Updated- Ringer Spy Matt sends in the
following: I'm almost 100% positive that the guy in this
photo is John Noble (Denethor). It's from the Aussie TV
series All Saints. Well, Matt you seem to be 100% right!
We've recently received this pic of John Noble! [More]

A conversation with the hobbits: The Southland Times
seems to have managed to talk to the four famous hobbits
on the phone while they were near Queenstown relaxing
in their trailer. [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Barlimans is more than a place to get your mead! There
is the Fun Section, Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and
of course the gateway to our ever famous MIRC Chatroom!

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for gaming news.

Green Books celebrates its first year with tons of new stuff
and a fabulously difficult Brain Bender contest!  See if you
know enough about Tolkien to be the Grand Prize winner.
Then go 'Out on a Limb' with Quickbeam's magic list of
"Tolkien's Greatest Hits."  Anwyn debates the film
adaptation of LOTR in her new 'Counterpoint'-- and the
mighty Turgon teaches us "How NOT to Study Tolkien"
on his 'Bookshelf.'  After enjoying the many new 'Questions
& Answers' and 'Moon Letters' make sure you remember our
Birthday Pressssent, my precious!

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------1D02A7A7BAD5AA239C8C7629--