[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 25/05/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 25 May 2000 11:37:11 -0400

--------------B84F8E573AFC5F48E878FE3D

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #44

Thursday May 25, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

SFX Talks to Christopher Lee: The latest issue of SFX
Magazine (June #65) has a small interview with Christopher
Lee (Saruman), in it he discusses LOTR. [More]

Xtem Talks LOTR Filming! Super Ringer Spy Xtem sends
word on the filming going on in and around Ruapehu the last
few weeks. Funny man Bernard Hill, how Hugo Weaving really
looks and how it is to work with Viggo Mortensen! (Spoilers)
[More]

Wanna See Arwen and SARUMAN?! Never before seen
Exclusive pics from LOTR, Arwen and Saruman the White!
(Spoilers) [More]

The Gates of Moria? More news has come in on the doings
at the new Wingate set in Lower Hutt, which is just outside of
Wellington. Read all about it in Spy Reports Somebody get
down there with a camera, please! It's on the main trunk line,
for pete's sake! [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for news.

There's a big May update at Green Books!  Turgon commits
"Literary Sacrilege" by endorsing the infamous Bored of the
Rings parody on his Bookshelf!  Anwyn has a thought
provoking new Counterpoint.  Our most popular feature, the
Questions & Answers, continues to explode: there are 28 new
articles that reveal Tolkien's most difficult secrets.  Lots of
new Moon Letters too...  Join us at Green Books as we
explore the words and world of Tolkien.

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

Manipulating Middle-earth History

>From the Halls of Fire comes another Tolkien topic to chat
about! Imagine you had the power to influence one moment
in the history of Arda... what would you do? After learning
the lessons of pity and mercy from witnessing Frodo and
Bilbo, perhaps you would want to intervene and make
someones life less tragic. It could be a minor tweak, like
preventing Sam from calling Gollum a sneak, or something
huge like executing Sauron instead of chaining him up at
Numenor.

Think on it! Your actions could have serious consequences.
Then bring your thoughts to our chat this Saturday,
May 27, at 5:30 EDT [-5 hours GMT].

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

[...]

From the Halls of Fire comes another Tolkien topic to chat