[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 11/05/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 11 May 2000 13:38:40 -0400

--------------9FD49CBFBAB3676B8B84EEED

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #42

Thursday May 11, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Ringer Spy Eowyn Visits Helms Deep: Ringer Spy
Eowyn sends in her report on her adventures at the
Helms Deep set. (Spoilers) [More]

Mighty Orc Hunter watches the filming from the
heights above Mordor: It's been an exciting time
for observers on Mt. Ruapehu, and we got a
wonderful report from a fan who got to watch a lot
of the big scenes filmed up there. Check it out in
our latest Spy Reports (Spoilers) [More]

MORE extras required!! According to the New
Zealand Herald, casting director Liz Mullane has
called for more extras to play mainly Elves and
Uruk Hai. [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for news.

At last, our leafy Quickbeam has a new feature!  Go "Out on
a Limb" and learn why Tolkien fans are the most NUTS of
all...  Anwyn's new "Counterpoint" feature is smart and
compelling.  We also have 16 *brand new* Questions &
Answers; and many new pieces of Fan Fiction in "Moon
Letters."  After you've seen that amazing online preview,
come to Green Books and dig a little deeper into Tolkien's
world.

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

We've worked up a bit of a different topic for next weekend's
Hall of Fire discussion. This one reminds me of a Stephen King
story....

If you could be an observer in Middle-earth, what one event
would you like to witness the most? The Death of the Witch
King? The crowning of King Elessar? The Council of Elrond?
The Light of the Two Trees?

This will be a fun chat, so jump on over and chime in.

The place: The Hall of Fire; connect to Barliman's and
type /join #thehalloffire
Your hosts: Gandalf, Nazfyratu, and Tookish
The time: Saturday, May 13, 5:30 EST (-5 hours GMT)

SPECIAL LIVE NET EVENT!!!

Margaret Weis Comes for a Visit!!

That's right folks, Margaret Weis, coauthor of the DragonLance
Chronicles will be our honored guest at a live chat session on
Wednesday, May 17, at 8:00 EDT [-5 hours GMT].

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------9FD49CBFBAB3676B8B84EEED--