[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 5/4/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 04 May 2000 10:59:36 -0400

--------------99ADB3B81007E3A53A570F0E

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #41

Thursday May 4, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Want to know WHAT they were filming yesterday?
Ringer Spy Mixed-Doubles sends in news on what,
where and with who the production was filming
yesterday! [More]

Special Report: Elessar Film 'on hold': Elemental
Films director Sam R. Balcomb sends us the news
on his Lord of the Rings Project 'Elessar'. Looks like
legal troubles are on the way... [More]

PSSSST! WANNA KNOW WHO'S PLAYING EOMER?
TheOneRing.net learned from sources the actor who
will play Eomer in LOTR! Here he is! [More]

I HAVE the LOTR Audition Scripts! Direct from a
super secret source deep in the mines of Moria
comes a bunch of casting scripts from 'Three Foot
Six'. These are the scripts that the casting directors
make the actor hopefuls read before them to see if
they have the right 'stuff'. [More]

Chat Log: Steve Hockensmith: Last week's chat
with Steve Hockensmith, Editor in Chief at Cinescape
Magazine was a blast! Steve spoke about the mag's
future plans for LOTR coverage, what he expects from
New Line and Peter Jackson and much more! Follow
the link to read it all! [More]

The Mirror of Galadriel: Galadriel enters the 5th
dimension and tells all about the latest from the LOTR
camp. Last Alliance Battle...Helms Deep...and super
secret studio filming! [More]

Early Snow Causes Problems For PJ: The following
report of recent happenings in the Ruapehu area - the
site of the latest filming of the Lord of the Rings
Trilogy - was sent to Scoop by a recent visitor to the
area [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for news.

At last, our leafy Quickbeam has a new feature!  Go "Out on
a Limb" and learn why Tolkien fans are the most NUTS of
all...  Anwyn's new "Counterpoint" feature is smart and
compelling.  We also have 16 *brand new* Questions &
Answers; and many new pieces of Fan Fiction in "Moon
Letters."  After you've seen that amazing online preview,
come to Green Books and dig a little deeper into Tolkien's
world.

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

New topic up and ready: supporting characters of LotR.
Who's your favorite? Why do you choose this specific
character? For the purposes of our chat, we'll define
'main characters' as the Nine Walkers: Frodo, Sam,
Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, Gandalf, Boromir, Gimli,
and Legolas. Any and all other characters are fair
game as 'supporting characters,' although opinions may
differ on this definition of terms.

Look up a juicy quote or two, or be ready to share
with us your impressions and thoughts about your
pick. Is there a particular deed or scene that comes
to mind? So who's it gonna be? Hama? Ioreth?
Prince Imrahil? Ghan-buri-Ghan?

This will be a fun chat, so jump on over and chime in.

The place: The Hall of Fire; connect to Barliman's and
type /join #thehalloffire
Your hosts: Gandalf, Nazfyratu, and Tookish
The time: Saturday, May 6, 5:30 EST (-5 hours GMT)
[More]

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------99ADB3B81007E3A53A570F0E--