[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 27/01/99

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:58:19 -0500

--------------91E0C7EBCB89755236E82E7D

--------------7C74ECC1F0876BCEBFD8BFFA

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #27

Thursday January 27, 2000

Wow! I know I usually tell you folks what an incredible
week it was! But this time it really WAS incredible! This
week we announced our partnership with IGN, and the
various charities we will be helping. Tehanu gets an
invitation to the Hobbiton set to meet Peter Jackson!
Read on!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Tehanu Visits the Hobbiton Set! Tehanu has gotten
the scoop of all scoops! Producer Barrie Osborne,
along with Peter Jackson invited her to the Hobbiton
set! Read her report in NZ Exclusives! [More]

Rohan Warrior Details! Xtem sends in some more
details regarding what the Rohan Warriors look like!
(Spoilers) [More]

TheOneRing.net[tm] partners with IGN: At the
suggestion of our friends at TheForce.net,
TheOneRing.net is proud to announce our affiliation
with IGN.com, the internet's premiere entertainment
website. What does this mean for TheOneRing.net? [More]

SFX: 'Massive' details: Ringer Spy Resevoir Dog sends
in some details on the SFX effect known as 'Massive' [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out this week for more news from the War of the Ring site,
on the War Craft II Conversion.

GreenBooks section is always packed full of interesting
essays and articles, as well as fan submissions and reviews.
Chalk full of stuff like Out on a Limb,Turgon's Bookshelf,
Anwyn's Counterpoint,Questions & Answers, Tolkien
Trivia, Stump the Staff, Moon Letters

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Tolkien 2000 Contest!

TheOneRing.net™'s newest contest for Tolkien fans great and
small. This time, you get to play The Professor! The contest:
rewrite the ending to The Lord of the Rings. We challenge you
to write your own ending to the beloved tale in one of two contest
categories, SERIOUS or HUMOROUS. First place prizes will be
awarded for BOTH categories, and the top two essays of each
category will be posted on the site. For more info email NOB [More]

Special Ringer Mailing List Offer!

Direct from the folks at Spiderwebart

To your email customers only -- On their first order we
will give them a 10% discount on any Tolkien product.
Including original artwork! All they have to do is mention
that they are from TheOneRing.net Mailing list.

I'd jump on that if I were you!

Hall of Fire Chat

The Silmarils: What would have happened if Feanor had given
the silmarils to the valar for the healing of the two trees?
Would Morgoth have made war on the valar? Would he have
had just counted his losses and got to some new evil?  [More]

TheOneRing.net T-Shirts!

Order your Official TheOneRing.net™ t-shirt today and
show your pride for the ONE site forged by the fans of
J.R.R. Tolkien. We are able to offer this t-shirt to you
for only $12 ($15 for XXL)+ shipping!!! [More]

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------7C74ECC1F0876BCEBFD8BFFA-- --------------91E0C7EBCB89755236E82E7D Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="Xoanon.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Xoanon Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Xoanon.vcf" begin:vcard n:;Xoanon tel;fax:514.695.7506 tel;work:514.947.5221 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:Xoanon@theonering.net x-mozilla-cpt:;-23136 fn:Xoanon end:vcard --------------91E0C7EBCB89755236E82E7D--