[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 20/01/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:56:32 -0500

--------------94F0ED1EE4F01B22AA72E924

--------------78D15375298C9E041D176644

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #26

Thursday January 20, 2000

Fhew! What a week it was! Culminating in the heavy
rumors that we have been banned from the LOTR
production! Talk about your heated debates! And lasts
nights Live Chat Event was a blast! Let me break it
down for you, let's do this...

TheOneRing.net Being BANNED!?

Well, Harry over at Ain't It Cool News received a
report from a NZ spy saying that we are banned from
the production or something to that effect.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

In effect, as reported before, our dear Tehanu was
issued a trespassing notice for the Helms Deep set.
A set she has never even visited before. And that's
about it, this will in no way effect the way we
handle our news and spy reports.

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

And...Action! Sources tell TheOneRing.net™ that
filming has started again today (Thursday, January
20th) following the Christmas break. Ian McKellen
(Gandalf) is now in NZ as well as Elijah Wood
(Frodo), Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn), John Rhys-
Davies (Gimli) and the rest of the Hobbits with the
exception of Ian Holm (Bilbo) who is scheduled to
arrive in February. My contacts in the Liv Tyler
(Arwen) camp could not confirm if she will be
returning to NZ, or if she is done for a while yet.

Hobbitknocker in Hot Water: Eddie McCarthy, an
extra for the New Line Cinema production of the
Lord of the Rings trilogy, found today a down-side
of breaking a confidentiality agreement. [More]

Producer Tim Sanders Quits! The NZ Dominion
has reported that LOTR Producer Tim Sanders has
quit the production. In a statement Sanders claimed
that it was his decision to leave. In another statement
Barry Osborne, another producer on the project
commented.

"Tim's been involved with this project since the very
early days and done a wonderful job. He's a great guy,
he's done a great job. But I've been here for quite a
long time. This project has been a complicated one
and he's done well to get this thing up and off the ground."

Hobbiton Set News: Kotukunui chimes in with his
Eagle's-eye view of the goings-on at the Hobbiton set.
"...I went flying this morning (Saturday) and as I was
passing near the area of the Hinuera set, I thought I'd
have a quick look-see. Well, an army was gathering
all right. About a dozen flash-looking "trailers" were
pulled up in a separate parking area... (Spoilers)  [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out this week for info on NPC Interaction with other NPC's

GreenBooks section is always packed full of interesting
essays and articles, as well as fan submissions and reviews.
Chalk full of stuff like Out on a Limb,Turgon's Bookshelf,
Anwyn's Counterpoint,Questions & Answers, Tolkien
Trivia, Stump the Staff, Moon Letters

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Tolkien 2000 Contest!

Announcing TheOneRing.net™'s newest contest for Tolkien
fans great and small. This time, you get to play The Professor!
The contest: rewrite the ending to The Lord of the Rings. We
challenge you to write your own ending to the beloved tale in
one of two contest categories, SERIOUS or HUMOROUS.
First place prizes will be awarded for BOTH categories, and
the top two essays of each category will be posted on the site.
For more info email NOB [More]

Special Ringer Mailing List Offer!

Direct from the folks at Spiderwebart

To your email customers only -- On their first order we
will give them a 10% discount on any Tolkien product.
Including original artwork! All they have to do is mention
that they are from TheOneRing.net Mailing list.

I'd jump on that if I were you!

Hall of Fire Chat

Gandalf the Grey has just sent me a new topic he and his
hobbit brother Gamgee concocted this weekend. Being
Lord of the Ring loremasters, hopefully they'll both be
able to join us and answer your burning Middle Earth
questions! [More]

TheOneRing.net T-Shirts!

Order your Official TheOneRing.net™ t-shirt today and
show your pride for the ONE site forged by the fans of
J.R.R. Tolkien. We are able to offer this t-shirt to you
for only $12 ($15 for XXL)+ shipping!!! [More]

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

  --------------78D15375298C9E041D176644-- --------------94F0ED1EE4F01B22AA72E924 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="Xoanon.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Xoanon Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Xoanon.vcf" begin:vcard n:;Xoanon tel;fax:514.695.7506 tel;work:514.947.5221 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:Xoanon@theonering.net x-mozilla-cpt:;-23136 fn:Xoanon end:vcard --------------94F0ED1EE4F01B22AA72E924--