[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 31/08/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:08:03 -0400

--------------692A093809A3D17B6D2808EF

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #57

Thursday August 31, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Black Riders train in Arrowtown....battle scenes
reported! Scooped by the Otago Daily Times'alert
Queenstown journo! Head on over to the ODT site
and click on 'General' in the left-hand menu, until
we get a better link. It's the second down in 'General'
for today (the 31st of August.) [More]

The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease: We just
received these images and I had to throw them up
online just because they are pretty cool. Remember
the image a week or so ago with a "Gandalf-like"
figure impaled on a spiked wheel? Well, here's the
wheel...[More]

Jedi Spy Checks out South Island Set! Ringer Spy
Jedi stumbled upon the set near the ski hills on the
South Island! [More]

Just want to know WHO is in that SAURON Armor?!
And some DETAILS on what it looks like?! Ringer
Spy PVC recently flew back from his long trek to New
Zealand with this amazing bunch of info!! Sauron's got a
name! of sorts...if any intrepid Ringer Spy can come up
with a pic of the actor who plays Sauron, send it on over!
[More]

Golden Bay LOTR Camp Pics: Ringer Spy Half Brick sends
in the following great pics from the LOTR Camp at Golden
Bay. Mini spoiler warning since some of these shots may
show some scenery we shall see in the films. [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for gaming news.

Green Books celebrates its first year with tons of new stuff and a
fabulously difficult Brain Bender contest!  See if you know enough about

Tolkien to be the Grand Prize winner.  Then go 'Out on a Limb' with
Quickbeam's magic list of "Tolkien's Greatest Hits."  Anwyn debates the
film
adaptation of LOTR in her new 'Counterpoint'-- and the mighty Turgon
teaches
us "How NOT to Study Tolkien" on his 'Bookshelf.'  After enjoying the
many
new 'Questions & Answers' and 'Moon Letters' make sure you remember our
Birthday Pressssent, my precious!

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Going to WORLDCON?!

TheOneRing.net will be there as well! Worldcon is the 58th
Annual World Science Fiction Convention that takes place
August 31 to September 4 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago,
Fairmont Hotel and Swissotel in good old Chicago, Illinios.

Head on over to see TORN Staffers like Corvar & Balin! Be
sure to try and catch Douglas Anderson's world famous Hobbit
Slide Show!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------692A093809A3D17B6D2808EF--