[Barlibash] Re: [Staff] Barlibash 2007: Atlanta or Jersey Shore?

JPB jpb at theonering.net
Tue Aug 8 07:58:02 EDT 2006

I also vote for the Jersey Shore, but for a different reason.

Bash has always been in a major city. There is a certain sameness
about the cities - yeah they each have somewhat different
experiences, different things (in detail) to do - but there is a lot
of things that are similar about them. Atlanta has some fantastic
attractions - but it is a big city.

The Jersey Shore is something different. The beach towns are smaller,
the boardwalk atmosphere is unique, it's just NOT a big city.

For that reason, I vote for the Jersey shore as well.

I'd actually (again) vote for Las Vegas - simply because it is
incredibly cheap - usually you can get excursion flights out there,
cheap rooms, eat at inexpensive buffets, see a good show, etc. But I
know some people have a moral objection to "sin city" which I don't
get -  since nothing forces you to either gamble or see sexually
explicit shows, and if you avoid them, you are still getting an
extremely inexpensive way to get together with people.

But between those two choices (sorry Jincey!) - it's the Jersey shore for me.