[Barlibash] Salem information

Carol and Daniel Fletcher cdfletch@optonline.net
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 01:35:50 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_EMVZKjnSf3HJF09Sw6PbLA)

This is interesting...it's from the Duck Tours web site:

Discounts:
With the purchase of your Boston Duck Tour ticket, you will receive discounts to area restaurants, shops and the Museum of Science.

I wonder if we could get this to work in reverse, since we already purchased our group tickets for the museum. Either way, I will be curious to see which restaurants we get discounts for, if we decide to do this after the museum.

~mallorn~  (who will put on her best negotiating cap Friday morning)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: maegwen
  To: 'phil myers' ; alquawen@optonline.net
  Cc: barlibash@theonering.net
  Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 3:27 PM
  Subject: RE: [Barlibash] Salem information

  Well, I think Salem sounds great, but (given that I have the luxury of
  living somewhat nearby) I think I will save that for a nice spooky Autumn
  visit. I know that after walking the whole of the exhibit (possibly twice),
  I am going to want to find a place to sit and dish about what we've seen and
  hopefully have a nice Boston-brewed beer.

  Then, on to the Duck Tours or the Harbor Cruise or just poking around
  Boston's awesome book stores and craft shops, before whatever our evening
  plans are.

  But Thor is really correct in saying that most of us will probably make our
  plans on the ground. So, essentially there are two groups: one that wants to
  head out at X-hour to do Salem, and the other folks who will probably
  self-separate into whatever their interests are.

  The only caveat being that anyone who wants to do the Harbor Cruise should
  decide by breakfast on Thursday morning, so reservations can be made.

  The post-exhibit options thus far (as I've read them):

  Salem: Witch Museum, Witches and Seafarers Museum, House of Seven Gables,
  etc. (http://www.salemwitchmuseum.com/)

  Duck Tours: (http://www.bostonducktours.com/) $24 adult, 80 min.

  Freedom Trail Harbor Cruise; (http://www.libertyfleet.com/special/index.htm)
  $35 adults. There is also a Tall Ship Harbor Cruise at Sunset, 6-8 p.m., $30
  adults (http://www.libertyfleet.com/daily/boston.htm)

  Swan Boats: Be a real tourist and take a 15-minute Swan Boat ride
  (http://www.swanboats.com/new/welcome.shtml)

  Freedom Trail: (http://www.cityofboston.gov/freedomtrail/) Lots of walking,
  takes 2-3 hours depending on how much you do along the way. There are also
  guided tours available, at various rates.

  SHOP: Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market
  (http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/) From fashion designers to local
  artists... Food! Street Performers! Music!

  Back Bay: Trinity Church! Brownstones! History! Museums! Shopping!
  (http://www.letsgo.com/BOS/01-DiscoverBoston-18,
  http://www.boston.com/travel/boston/neighborhoods/back_bay_index/,
  http://www.aviewoncities.com/boston/backbay.htm)

  BOOKS: Visit Pandemonium Books (Sci Fi and Fantasy, new and used) in
  Cambridge   (http://www.pandemoniumbooks.com/)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#800000 size=2>This is interesting...it's
from the Duck Tours web site: </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#800000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><FONT face=Arial><STRONG>Discounts:<BR></STRONG>With the
purchase of your Boston Duck Tour ticket, you will receive discounts to area
restaurants, shops and the Museum of Science.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I wonder if we could get this to work in
reverse,&nbsp;since we already&nbsp;purchased our group tickets for the museum.
Either way, I will be curious to see which restaurants we get discounts for, if
we decide to do this after the museum.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#800000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#800000 size=2>~mallorn~&nbsp; (who will
put on&nbsp;her best negotiating cap Friday morning)</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #800000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A title=maegwen@theonering.net
  href="mailto:maegwen@theonering.net">maegwen</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=philann@rogers.com
  href="mailto:philann@rogers.com">'phil myers'</A> ; <A
  title=alquawen@optonline.net
  href="mailto:alquawen@optonline.net">alquawen@optonline.net</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Cc:</B> <A title=barlibash@theonering.net
  href="mailto:barlibash@theonering.net">barlibash@theonering.net</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 20, 2004 3:27
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: [Barlibash] Salem
  information</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>Well, I think Salem sounds great, but (given that I have the
  luxury of<BR>living somewhat nearby) I think I will save that for a nice
  spooky Autumn<BR>visit. I know that after walking the whole of the exhibit
  (possibly twice),<BR>I am going to want to find a place to sit and dish about
  what we've seen and<BR>hopefully have a nice Boston-brewed beer.<BR><BR>Then,
  on to the Duck Tours or the Harbor Cruise or just poking around<BR>Boston's
  awesome book stores and craft shops, before whatever our evening<BR>plans are.
  <BR><BR>But Thor is really correct in saying that most of us will probably
  make our<BR>plans on the ground. So, essentially there are two groups: one
  that wants to<BR>head out at X-hour to do Salem, and the other folks who will
  probably<BR>self-separate into whatever their interests are. <BR><BR>The only
  caveat being that anyone who wants to do the Harbor Cruise should<BR>decide by
  breakfast on Thursday morning, so reservations can be made.<BR><BR><BR>The
  post-exhibit options thus far (as I've read them):<BR><BR>Salem: Witch Museum,
  Witches and Seafarers Museum, House of Seven Gables,<BR>etc. (<A
  href="http://www.salemwitchmuseum.com/">http://www.salemwitchmuseum.com/</A>)<BR><BR>Duck
  Tours: (<A
  href="http://www.bostonducktours.com/">http://www.bostonducktours.com/</A>)
  $24 adult, 80 min.<BR><BR>Freedom Trail Harbor Cruise; (<A
  href="http://www.libertyfleet.com/special/index.htm">http://www.libertyfleet.com/special/index.htm</A>)<BR>$35
  adults. There is also a Tall Ship Harbor Cruise at Sunset, 6-8 p.m.,
  $30<BR>adults (<A
  href="http://www.libertyfleet.com/daily/boston.htm">http://www.libertyfleet.com/daily/boston.htm</A>)<BR><BR>Swan
  Boats: Be a real tourist and take a 15-minute Swan Boat ride<BR>(<A
  href="http://www.swanboats.com/new/welcome.shtml">http://www.swanboats.com/new/welcome.shtml</A>)<BR><BR>Freedom
  Trail: (<A
  href="http://www.cityofboston.gov/freedomtrail/">http://www.cityofboston.gov/freedomtrail/</A>)
  Lots of walking,<BR>takes 2-3 hours depending on how much you do along the
  way. There are also<BR>guided tours available, at various rates.<BR><BR>SHOP:
  Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market<BR>(<A
  href="http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/">http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/</A>)
  From fashion designers to local<BR>artists... Food! Street Performers!
  Music!<BR><BR>Back Bay: Trinity Church! Brownstones! History! Museums!
  Shopping!<BR>(<A
  href="http://www.letsgo.com/BOS/01-DiscoverBoston-18">http://www.letsgo.com/BOS/01-DiscoverBoston-18</A>,<BR><A
  href="http://www.boston.com/travel/boston/neighborhoods/back_bay_index/">http://www.boston.com/travel/boston/neighborhoods/back_bay_index/</A>,<BR><A
  href="http://www.aviewoncities.com/boston/backbay.htm">http://www.aviewoncities.com/boston/backbay.htm</A>)<BR><BR>BOOKS:
  Visit Pandemonium Books (Sci Fi and Fantasy, new and used)
  in<BR>Cambridge&nbsp;&nbsp; (<A
  href="http://www.pandemoniumbooks.com/">http://www.pandemoniumbooks.com/</A>)<BR><BR><BR><BR>&gt;
  -----Original Message-----<BR>&gt; From: <A
  href="mailto:barlibash-admin@theonering.net">barlibash-admin@theonering.net</A>
  [mailto:barlibash-<BR>&gt; <A
  href="mailto:admin@theonering.net">admin@theonering.net</A>] On Behalf Of phil
  myers<BR>&gt; Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 1:03 PM<BR>&gt; To: <A
  href="mailto:alquawen@optonline.net">alquawen@optonline.net</A><BR>&gt; Cc: <A
  href="mailto:barlibash@theonering.net">barlibash@theonering.net</A><BR>&gt;
  Subject: RE: [Barlibash] Salem information<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; So much to do, so
  little time!<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I was hoping to go on the Duck Tour at some
  point.&nbsp; Were you thinking of<BR>&gt; doing this after the Museum?<BR>&gt;
  <BR>&gt; Or, what about Whale watching as an option?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;
  Daisy<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -----Original Message-----<BR>&gt; From: <A
  href="mailto:barlibash-admin@theonering.net">barlibash-admin@theonering.net</A><BR>&gt;