[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Oct 7 11:19:48 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

TORN TV Book Review: The Science of Middle-earth by Henry Gee
J.W. Braun is back with another book review! This month, Braun reviews
The Science of Middle-earth by Henry Gee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELnKzR42KJ4

Big Boss Vignette: Barrow-downs Wight Lord / The Lord of the Rings:
War in the North
Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Snowblind Studios
are releasing a new vignette for their upcoming Action RPG, The Lord
of the Rings: War in the North. Middle-earth is home to creatures more
fearsome than orcs. More cunning than trolls. More loathsome than
giant spiders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ks-hTlvqDrA

Waikato Times: Hobbit Hunt Scours the Shire
>From the Waikato Times: Two barefoot men, one with a bushy white
beard, sat outside a cafe in Matamata yesterday, but a closer
inspection revealed a marked lack of hair on their smooth feet.
http://tinyurl.com/443u8gm

There will be Toys
Warner Bros. Consumer Products has awarded The Bridge Direct, Inc. the
Master Toy License for Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected
Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again. The toy line will launch
in the fall of 2012.
http://tinyurl.com/3t7uymr

Lilly talks Tauriel… in Elvish!
Access Hollywood recently spoke to Evangeline Lilly, and touched on
her role as the woodland elf Tauriel in the current production of The
Hobbit. Revealingly, she provided a couple of lines of elvish
(presumably Sindarin, but I’m no Tolkien language scholar) — which
finally give us some tantalising clues about where the Tauriel
character slots into Tolkien’s story.
http://tinyurl.com/3c9oh2k

‘Ringers Take Manhattan!’ – October 14th 2011 – 7pm-10pm
Some news about our upcoming party in New York! We told you that
TheOneRing.net will be giving a presentation this year at New York
Comic Con, and that we’re also throwing a party in the Big Apple!
Tickets went on sale last week and are extremely limited.
http://tinyurl.com/3et3znd

Prime Ministers Hour – John Key interviews Sir Peter Jackson Transcription
Elven sends along a transcription from the John Key interview with
Peter Jackson.
http://tinyurl.com/3oapgkl

Cine Premiere Features Hobbit’s Dwarves
Mithveaen sends along news that the latest issue of Cine Premiere
features all the Dwarves from ‘The Hobbit’, plus a new collective
poster with a decidedly Middle-earth background. Take a look!
http://tinyurl.com/4ydm2rz

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet
Twitter http://twitter.com/theoneringnet