[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Jan 7 13:12:50 CST 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

*Elijah Wood will be in ‘The Hobbit’ (and we know how!)*
EXCLUSIVE – Deadline hinted first but TheOneRing.net can confirm that Elijah
Wood will step in front of Peter Jackson’s cameras and return to
Middle-earth for a part in ‘The Hobbit,’ — and we even know how. Despite how
some fans will respond at first, the reasons are organic and natural and
might not upset some of the most ardent purists.
http://tinyurl.com/3yde88g

*Warner Bros to Distribute Hobbit Worldwide*
LOS ANGELES, CA, January 6, 2011- Roger Birnbaum and Gary Barber, MGM
Co-Chairman and Chief Executive Officers, Toby Emmerich, President and Chief
Operating Officer, New Line Cinema and Alan Horn, President and Chief
Operating Officer, Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that MGM and Warner
Bros have concluded a deal for Warner Bros. Pictures to handle international
theatrical and video distribution responsibilities on MGM’s behalf for Peter
Jackson’s highly anticipated adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Hobbit”.
This arrangement results in Warner Bros. Pictures handling the bulk of
worldwide distribution, while MGM will handle international television
licensing for the films. MGM and WB will work collaboratively to coordinate
marketing and release plans worldwide.
http://tinyurl.com/2872xby

*New Year’s Update for our Cruise to Middle-earth!*
In another two weeks we will finally be able to price out the roundtrip air
needed to get to the cruise and back again. At that time I will be able to
announce the New Zealand tour pricing, with the Australian tour options to
follow shortly afterwards. Please visit our special cruise website for
current details on the cruise itinerary, pricing and how to contact me for
more information.
http://tinyurl.com/25ubkp2

*Happy Birthday J.R.R. Tolkien!*
John Ronald Reuel Tolkien was born in Bloemfontein, S.A., on January 3,
1892.  He would eventually move to England, become an accomplished linguist
and scholar, an Oxford professor and a beloved husband and father. While in
his twenties, he began developing a series of stories that went on to become
the rich, complex history of a place called Middle-earth: a world that
millions would eventually visit, both on the written page and on the big
screen, and come to love. TheOneRing.net raises a glass to “The Professor!”
today, in honor of all the enjoyment and camaradarie his birth would lead
to. Thank you, professor Tolkien!
http://tinyurl.com/29xy3uz

*Happy 2011 from TheOneRing.net*
Welcome to 2011 and TheOneRing.net. We have been around for a while now but
this is an exceptionally exciting time heading into a year that will finally
see the production of ‘The Hobbit’ start in earnest. 2010 was pretty
eventful in dramatic and difficult ways. With lots of J.R.R. Tolkien books
on our shelves along with our Middle-earth inspired movies, it will be fun
to follow the production again as Peter Jackson, Weta and Warner Bros. move
a reportedly wonderful two-part scrip from the page into digital 3D (also
available in 2D!) The year ahead will bring us plenty of news, ideas, rumors
and fun. While many media outlets world wide will jump on the Hobbit
news-reporting bandwagon, we will stay right here in our well-worn and
comfortable seats and enjoy the ride. We look forward to the experience
along with you, dear reader. As always, TORn remains not-for-profit and
forged by and for fans of J.R.R. Tolkien so thank you all for your past and
future contributions and support. This is going to be fun!
http://tinyurl.com/2fdq9ka

*TORN TV - TheOneRing.net's Video Channel with Exclusive Content - Subscribe
Today!*

*Video: Ethan Gilsdorf Visits Wellington, WETA Cave and Workshop!*
Author Ethan Gilsdorf travels to Wellington, New Zealand, and visits
“Wellywood,” Weta Workshop, the Weta Cave, and tries to stalk Peter Jackson
and sneak onto the studios. Gilsdorf is the author of “Fantasy Freaks and
Gaming Geeks: An Epic Quest for Reality Among Role Players, Online Gamers,
and Other Dwellers of Imaginary Realms.”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVFGzsZtL-M

*Peeder Jigson’s Hobbit Production Diaries*
Peter Jackson is making Hobbit production diaries again! Actually, well,
it’s not Peter Jackson but Peeder Jigson (AKA ‘That Mitchell and Webb Look’
and ‘Saxondale’ actor James Bachman). Take a look as Peeder struggles with
Hobbit financing, and house chores, apparently. Strong Language Warning.
Check out Bachman’s Funny or Die page here.
http://tinyurl.com/2aft7xw

*The Minstrel, the Painter, & the Scholar Episode 1: Part 1*
John Di Bartolo writes: Hail friends! Just released the first episode of
“The Minstrel, the Painter, & the Scholar” with Ted Nasmith & Dr. Corey
Olsen. If you would like to post a link, or even re-release/distribute this
mp3 through your own sites please feel free to do so. Glad to be able to
share this with you all – and feel free to forward this to any friends or
fellow podcasters! Cheers! Stay tuned for episodes 2 and 3 with John, Ted &
Corey.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt59q2zW6p0 <goog_1070231479>

Join us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet> -
Twitter<http://twitter.com/theoneringnet>-