[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Feb 25 11:50:26 CST 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TheOneRing.net is intimately tied to our friends in New Zealand. With
the loss of life, injuries and damaged caused by the recent
earthquake, we are all very concerned for our brothers and sisters.
While you may be thousands of miles away, you can help. Here is a
listing of charitable entities helping in the recovery efforts. We
understand this is a tough economic time for many, but if you can,
please support them.

Quake News:

Strong quake hits New Zealand, causing injuries http://tinyurl.com/4vol3nq
THR: NZ Quake Does Not Appear to Affect Hobbit Movie http://tinyurl.com/4ca5bga
New Zealand needs your Help! http://tinyurl.com/48639sa
“The Hobbit” Production Offers Support To Christchurch Earthquake
Affected http://tinyurl.com/4stl3zt
Weta Auctions in support of The Red Cross Earthquake appeal
http://myworld.ebay.com/wetalimited

TORN and Colleen Doran Help Raise Funds for Disaster Relief
Internationally acclaimed artist and our good friend Colleen Doran has
donated one of her most sought after pieces, ‘Thranduil’, to us for
sale on TheOneRing.net to raise funds for disaster relief in New
Zealand. We have created a custom store on Zazzle.com, now you can get
this print on various items and donate to a good cause at the same
time! http://www.zazzle.com/theoneringnet/gifts

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age
Hobbit in 5 – NZ Needs Help, Dwarf Beards, and Bombur

In this episode of Hobbit in 5 we take a look at ways you can help New
Zealand post earthquake, Aidan Turner, dwarf beards and more of those
fanatic Hobbit character studies that you have grown to love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd1GBU2p3og

Watch Previous Episodes

Ep5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nePV2Gk8wTc
Ep4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0w0C9RyLhA
Ep3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gIT2gvXjk
Ep2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMj2jkYSa-w
Ep1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk9_PBpkPvM

Mikael Persbrandt Speaks About Getting Into The Character Of Beorn
Our geeky Swedish message board member “macfalk” has pointed us to a
couple of interviews with Mikael Persbrandt over at SVD.se concerning
his role of Beorn in the upcoming Hobbit films.
http://tinyurl.com/4oaxyn6

Lord of the Rings Online Upcoming Content Update – New Screens!
Turbine has just released the first batch of screenshots from the
upcoming Book 3, Echoes of the Dead content update for the
award-winning The Lord of the Rings Online. This new Book will
continue the Epic Story, with a major quest arc & raid, and new
cosmetic upgrades, among other updates. The new screenshots depict
Character UI changes that will come with Book 3, as well as an image
of Echoes of the Dead. Turbine will be at PAX East showing Book 3 for
The Lord of the Rings Online, as well as new content for Dungeons &
Dragons Online.
http://tinyurl.com/4w6kagc

Sir Ian McKellen Blogs From Middle-earth
Fans will recall that prior to Peter Jackson’s coming down with that
nasty stomach ulcer earlier this month (the man’s doing fine now,
bless him!), filming of The Hobbit was supposed to begin on 14th
February 2011, with Ian McKellen’s first day of filming due yesterday,
21st February 2011.
http://tinyurl.com/4s7nch9

Exclusive: Ringer Spy Mr. Anderson Shares Miramar Shots
Ringer Spy Mr. Anderson sends along these exclusive pics of The Hobbit
sets being built in Miramar, NZ. If you look closely at some of the
pictures, you’ll notice that the architecture seems to resemble that
of Moria. I’m sure we can all draw our own conclusions, but could this
be a flashforward sequence for Moria? Maybe we are getting a peak into
the Lonely Moutain? Or maybe it has nothing to do with Dwarves at all!
Share your thoughts and click the ‘continue reading’ below for the
full gallery.
http://tinyurl.com/6aj88jz

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet