[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Apr 8 11:01:18 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TheOneRing.net nominated for ‘Best Franchise Film Site’
http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/03/16/the-sfx-blog-awards/6/

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

TORN TV Book Review: J. R. R. Tolkien: Architect of Middle Earth
J.W. Braun is back with another book review. This month, Braun reviews
a biography of J.R.R. Tolkien and shares a bit of LOTR movie trivia
that might surprise you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKSACs7BiF8

Hobbit in 5 – Gollum helps direct The Hobbit, Howard Shore’s score,
Game of Thrones and Galadriel
On this episode of Hobbit in 5 Andy Serkis serves as second unit
director, fans contemplate Howard Shore’s new score for The Hobbit,
Sean Bean battles it out on Game of Thrones and our character study
delves deep into the early life of Galadriel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUVrvS6For8

Watch Previous Episodes
http://www.youtube.com/hobbitin5

MTV Movie Blog talks to Saoirse Ronan on ‘The Hobbit’
While there isn’t a lot of new information, this might be the first
time some of you are seeing Saoirse in person talking about her
possible ‘Hobbit’ role.
http://tinyurl.com/3s8zfvr

Reminder: Bag End Giveaway
Don’t forget our Bag End Giveaway running until April 13th 2011!
TheOneRing.net is proud to team up with WETA Workshop to celebrate the
start of production on ‘The Hobbit’ with a The Bag End Giveaway! One
lucky fan will walk away with this exquisite collectible replica of
Bag End created by the renowned artists at Weta Workshop! Perfect for
an office desk or at home, Bag End is a small scale reproduction of
the best Hobbit hole in Hobbiton. It is sure to be the highlight of
any The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit fan’s collection. Follow the
link for entry details.
http://tinyurl.com/6kslu3g

Orlando Bloom Confirms His Involvement In The Hobbit
In an exclusive interview with Collider.com, Orlando Bloom confirms
he’s been in talks to return as Legolas in Peter Jackson’s upcoming
Hobbit films.
http://tinyurl.com/3hqkyp6

Hollywood Reporter: Andy Serkis to serve as Second Unit Director on The Hobbit!
Exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter: Gollum Actor Andy Serkis to Serve
as Second Unit Director on ‘The Hobbit’ (Exclusive) “There is really a
sense of Peter [Jackson] wanting people around him who totally
understand the material and the work ethic,” he tells The Hollywood
Reporter.
http://tinyurl.com/3tvujzx

Variety Confirmation: Figwit, aka Bret McKenzie, will play Lindir
The Dominion Post had an article about Bret McKenzie’s (Figwit)
involvement with The Hobbit last week, and Variety has confirmed it.
Bret will play the elf of Rivendell, Lindir. You might say, “Who?”
Well, if you recall your the ‘Many Meetings’ chapter of The Fellowship
of the Ring, Lindir is one of the elves who enjoys Bilbo’s song so
much, he asks for a second hearing…
http://tinyurl.com/3kvd4ha

‘Collecting the Precious’ – Collecting Column comes to TheOneRing.net
Welcome to ‘Collecting the Precious’ a new column on TheOneRing.net
about Tolkien collectibles. I want to start this off with a little bit
about myself. I’ve been collecting virtually all my life from sports
cards to many of the high end items we see today. My collecting
interest include many things like Lord Of The Rings, Marvel, Star
Wars, GI Joe, He-Man, and more. All of which I talk about on a blog
that I run called The Pulse. Tolkien’s work first came into my life
first when I was in high school and saw a few friends reading The Lord
Of The Rings. However, my own fandom while sparked wouldn’t kick in
just yet.
http://tinyurl.com/3zrz2xu

TORn Message Boards Weekly Roundup – April 3, 2011
Welcome to our collection of TORn’s hottest topics for the past week.
If you’ve fallen behind on what’s happening on the Message Boards,
here’s a great way to catch the highlights. Or if you’re new to TORn
and want to enjoy some great conversations, just follow the links to
some of our most popular discussions. Watch this space as every
weekend we will spotlight the most popular buzz on TORn’s Message
Boards. Everyone is welcome, so come on in and join in the fun!
http://tinyurl.com/3w9zw5v

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet
Twitter http://twitter.com/theoneringnet