[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Jul 30 15:12:17 CDT 2010

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Comic-Con wrap up and notebook

It almost seems that the San Diego Comic-Con becomes the center of the
entertainment Universe for a few days. Maybe it does. We were there
presenting a panel, meeting fellow fans, conducting trivia, grooming
sources, hanging out and watching the celebration of popular arts. Despite
pen stabbings, incredible (or impossible) lines and vexing shuttle buses, it
remains an incredible experience. TORn was among the very first panels to
kick the week off and it helped produce a torrent of film industry folks and
fans who wanted to touch base on 'The Hobbit' films.

http://tinyurl.com/27lh9tl

Guillermo del Toro opens up on 'The Hobbit': 'It wasn't just MGM'

As Peter Jackson makes progress - in theory - on getting "The Hobbit" moving
forward again, Guillermo del Toro has a few things to say about the movie he
spent two years developing. The genre auteur says he has no regrets about
departing the New Zealand production, but says that anyone who think that
MGM's financial mess was the main culprit for his departure is
oversimplifying the issue. "People kept misconstruing that it was MGM. It
came from many factors," Del Toro told 24 Frames in an interview at
Comic-Con. "It wasn't just MGM. These are very complicated movies,
economically and politically. You have to get the blessing from three
studios."

http://tinyurl.com/29ld2ed

J.W. Braun to Appear at Gen Con

Lord of the Films author J.W. Braun (jwbraun.com) will be a guest author at
Gen Con in Indianapolis August 5 - August 8. Braun will be signing copies of
The Lord of the Films, his book about The Lord of the Rings movies, at the
popular gaming convention. "I love meeting the fans of the Lord of the Rings
films," Braun said, "but I think they like meeting each other just as much.
It's fun when they gather around my table and we all talk about our favorite
scenes." Braun will be located in the Exhibit Hall in Author's Avenue (next
to the Art Show). Fans are encouraged to visit jwbraun.com for the latest
details. Information about Gen Con can be found at gencon.com

http://tinyurl.com/2crk94x

Comic-Con Video Interview: Weta Workshop's Richard Taylor