[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net - Brought to you by AudioGo The home of BBC Audiobooks

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Dec 10 12:48:33 CST 2010

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

We’ve got the perfect unexpected gift for Tolkien lovers – a complete boxed
set of his spellbinding fantasy tales on CD. These full-cast dramatizations
of The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and Tales from the Perilous Realm
feature specially-composed music and outstanding casts. Also included in
this special edition is a hand-drawn Middle Earth map and Brian Sibley’s
excellent profile J. R. R. Tolkien: An Audio Portrait. Now you can purchase
this 21-disc set directly from AudioGO and save HALF OFF the retail price
with code *ONERING50*. Simply click
here<http://www.bbcaudiobooksamerica.com/Trade/productdetails.cfm?PC=19556>,
add one or more copies to your shopping cart and enter the code at checkout
to get this exclusive collection for just $49.98!

*Looking to Advertise?* Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

*Spy Report: Locations being scouted in Taupo*
Thanks to Ringer Spy Zsa Zsa for sending in this tip: "It says in Taupo
Times (small local paper Taupo middle of north island) that Peter Jackson
has been seen around Taupo looking at locations. Whakapapa was used in the
Lord of the Rings, and it is about 1.5 hours away from Matamata. It will be
interesting to see if he is going to use an actual area close to Taupo,
maybe the Taupo Lake?"
http://tinyurl.com/2b7llol

*TORN Exclusive: Graham ‘Dwalin’ McTavish Interview*
TheOneRing.net staffer and regular contributor Treebeard was lucky enough to
have the chance to chat with Graham McTavish (Dwalin) about his role in The
Hobbit.
http://tinyurl.com/2dsond4

*Deadline.com: Orlando to reprise Legolas in ‘Hobbit’*
Deadline.com is reporting that Orlando Bloom is expected to reprise his role
as Legolas Greenleaf in the upcoming ‘Hobbit’ films. You may ask, how can
this be? Well, quite simply, the character of Legolas was very much alive
during the timeframe of The Hobbit. In fact, he was probably several
thousand years old at the time of The Lord of the Rings! Since Legolas is
the son of Thranduil (The Elvenking), a major player in ‘The Hobbit,’ one
can easily see Peter, Phillipa, and Fran writing him into the script. *MINOR
SPOILERS* Not only would he appear in Mirkwood with the other wood-elves, he
could very well lead the wood-elf contingent into the Battle of Five Armies!
Deadline also mentions the negotiations for Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving and
Andy Serkis are still ongoing.
http://tinyurl.com/22nydzg

*To Be Hot or Not? That is the Dwarf Question*
The “Hobbit” cast is looking good. Really good. Oooooooh yeah, realllllly
good. Maybe too good? When rumors began to swirl almost immediately after
“Return of the King” left the theaters that a “Hobbit” film was inevitable,
I made a prediction: There is no way they can sell a film with 13
Gimli-faced dwarves. “Mark my words,” I grumbled, “you are going to see HOT
DWARVES in this movie. Think of the fan girls!!!” And it seems I may be
right.
http://tinyurl.com/2c74xsm

*CATE BLANCHETT, KEN STOTT, SYLVESTER MCCOY, MIKAEL PERSBRANDT JOIN CAST OF
PETER JACKSON’S “THE HOBBIT”*
Los Angeles, CA—December 7, 2010—Cate Blanchett, Ken Stott, Sylvester McCoy
and Mikael Persbrandt and have joined the cast of Peter Jackson’s highly
anticipated adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic “The Hobbit.” Also joining
them are Ryan Gage, Jed Brophy and William Kircher. The films, which are
scheduled to commence principal photography in February 2011, mark Jackson’s
return to Middle-earth following his Oscar-winning “Lord of the Rings”
trilogy. The announcement was made jointly today by Toby Emmerich, President
and Chief Operating Officer, New Line Cinema, Alan Horn, President and Chief
Operating Officer, Warner Bros. and Steve Cooper, co-Chief Executive Officer
of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. Jackson, who directed all three “Lord of the
Rings” films, will helm the two films back-to-back, telling the story of
“The Hobbit” in two parts from a screenplay by Jackson, Fran Walsh, Philippa
Boyens and Guillermo del Toro.
http://tinyurl.com/292v2uv

*TheOneRing.net’s 2010 Tolkien Gift Guide*
If you haven’t already completed your Holiday shopping, take a look at
TheOneRing.net’s 2010 Tolkien Gift Guide! The staff here at TheOneRing.net
have chosen over 30 items that would be perfect for that Tolkien fan on your
list. From books to collectibles, elf ears to handmade scarves, expensive to
stocking stuffers, we’ve got something for everyone. We hope the guide is
helpful as you shop this season.
http://tinyurl.com/2aksfp7
Join us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet> -
Twitter<http://twitter.com/theoneringnet>-