[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Dec 3 14:55:44 CST 2010

<goog_1817780296>
Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!
*
**Swedish actor Mikael Persbrandt cast in ‘The Hobbit’?*
Spy Tomper sends in a report that Mikael Persbrandt has been cast for an
unknown roll in ‘The Hobbit.’ The link we were sent isn’t in English but our
spy reports, “He is one of the best known actors in Sweden today,” and “(he)
is known for playing macho characters and a rather stiff way of acting.” So
there you go!
http://tinyurl.com/38h7cco

*MGM studio’s bankruptcy plan wins judge’s OK*
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc won a federal judge’s approval for its
bankruptcy reorganization plan, clear the way for the storied Hollywood
studio to emerge from Chapter 11 under new ownership.
http://tinyurl.com/3xz5sm7

*Ron Perlman Not In The Hobbit*
ComingSoon.net has snagged an exclusive with actor Ron Perlman in which he
states he’s not in The Hobbit. “I’m not doing [it],” Perlman said, adding
with a laugh, “I think maybe that’s a scoop for you.” With not much else to
go by, fans of Ron Perlman probably needn’t despair, as just because he
isn’t in it yet doesn’t mean he won’t be down the line. Some might recall
former Hobbit director Guillermo del Toro mentioning he had a role in mind
for Perlman, but with Peter Jackson taking over the directorial reins of the
two films, only time will tell whether GDT’s choice will still hold.
http://tinyurl.com/32bdqk8

*Sylvester is Radagast – Just not official yet…*
The BBC has a great interview with actor Sylvester McCoy today that, again,
confirms his role as Radagast the Brown in the upcoming Hobbit Films. We are
pasting the relevant parts below, but make sure you check out the full
interview with some other juicy tidbits at the BBC site.
http://tinyurl.com/28vscld

*Peter Jackson nabs thirty RED EPIC cameras*