No subject

Sun Nov 8 00:02:00 CST 2009

star Sir Ian McKellen was upset on live TV after he was confused with
another movie wizard. The actor - who played Gandalf in the hit films - was
on US TV's The View when host Whoopi Goldberg asked: "Are you coming back in
Harry Potter." Sir Ian, 70, looked clearly annoyed as he closed his eyes and
paused. He said: "I don't play Dumbledore - I play Lord of the Rings."
Embarrassed Whoopi apologized before Sir Ian assured her it was a common
mistake.
http://tinyurl.com/yzx28en

Exclusive Hobbit update: Casting, monsters, costumes!
What exactly is going on with the two-part adaptation of The Hobbit? The
world seems to be holding its breath in anticipation, including us, but as
the calendar turned to November, we turned to a trusted rock-solid inside
source and found a dragon's treasure of updates. Even the most dedicated
fans, those tracking the details and trying to fit together the jigsaw
puzzle don't have a complete picture. What happened to the scripts Peter
Jackson promised were almost finished? How does Ian McKellen have scripts
and know about Bilbo's casting if the studio hasn't officially even approved
the budget for the film? Is everybody just sitting around counting the days?
Where are the official announcements? What does the relative silence mean?
Is everything still on schedule? What does the studio think? How the can
filming begin in the spring if all this other stuff doesn't get done?
http://tinyurl.com/yhtmm2n

Guillermo Del Toro On Making The Hobbit