[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter - December

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Mon Dec 7 20:19:00 CST 2009

TORN #382

December 2009

Got Facebook? Twitter? Join us!
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/knucj5
Twitter: http://twitter.com/theoneringnet

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Something is Coming.Later
The WB let me know that the exciting event planned for December 8th
(tomorrow) has now been postponed for the 15th. We're still working on
trying to gauge what the 'something' is.any thoughts? Post about it on our
message board!
http://tinyurl.com/yzc62tu

Exclusive: 'Hobbit' casting 1 female role
It is confirmed, casting is under way on the Hobbit and that is news enough.
There have been rumors but now we have confirmation from a source that told
us other details about casting as well. In addition to all of that, we have
this juicy bombshell: They are casting one female role! It seems likely that
casting at this early stage would be for a featured role, not an
insignificant bit part and we don't have further details so while we can
speculate plenty - the 'Hobbit' community will do so in our chat room and on
our message boards - that is all that is known. Is it for a voice actor
which will be needed for creatures? Is there a female dwarf among Bilbo's
companions? (After all, Tolkien never said explicitly that all were male!)
http://tinyurl.com/yb2y43c

Podcast: TORN on JoBlo.com
I was recently invited to do a podcast with the guys from JoBlo.com. These
guys are hardcore movie fans after my own heart and I had a blast chatting
with them, take a listen! From Joblo.com: If you've ever looked for
something on the internet related to the LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy you've
probably ended up on our guest's website. TheOneRing.net's Editor in Chief
and founder, Michael Regina joins Moreno and I to talk about the site, dish
out some juicy HOBBIT info, and let us know how he's planning on macking
Jenna Busch.
http://tinyurl.com/yzpx5ls

Hobbit Filming Delayed to Mid-Summer
Several reports are coming in that filming for The Hobbit will be delayed
from the original estimate of March 2010 to mid-summer 2010, possibly July.
The German site, moviereporter.net, reports that, as part of an interview
regarding The Lovely Bones,  PJ estimates filming will begin towards the
middle of next year.
http://tinyurl.com/yaz2m9u

Peter Jackson: First Hobbit Script Is Completed
Oscar-winning director Peter Jackson has confirmed the first script for the
two films based on JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit has been completed. Pan's
Labyrinth helmer Guillermo del Toro is to bring the novel to the screen
while Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens will co-write and produce the
films, having won 17 Oscars for the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. "The Hobbit
will be two movies and we've written the first script and delivered it to
the studio who seem to be happy with it," the New Zealander told reporters.
"We're now halfway through the second script and Philippa, Fran, Guillermo
and myself are doing the scripts and having great fun."
http://tinyurl.com/yg7m488

The Two Towers at Radio City Music Hall!
Last October Radio City Music Hall was host to 'The Fellowship of the Ring'
screened with a live orchestra and chorus, we're doing it again in 2010! Be
the first to get tickets to a screening of 'The Two Towers'! Pre-sale for
The Two Towers on October 8 & 9, 2010 will be available Monday, November 23
beginning at 9AM. Please use the code TTT2010.
http://www.theradiocitylotrconcert.com

Tours continue as Hobbiton restored
Tourists at Matamata's Hobbiton will soon see Middle Earth come to life
before their eyes, according to a recent report on Stuff.co.nz. Vic James of
Red Carpet Tours says he is "delighted" by confirmation that Lord of the
Rings tourists will continue to be able to visit the site of Hobbiton as
filming approaches.
http://tinyurl.com/yzvdnhr

Brian Cox Rumors Abound
Latauro (via epleterte) from Australia chimed in to Aintitcoolnews today
about a potential casting decision in The Hobbit production. Although
nothing is sure, Brian Cox seems to be a strong contender to one of the
dwarves. And for what my two cents are worth: That'd be awesome! Brian Cox
is beyond cool.
http://tinyurl.com/yeqgl7n

MGM headed for sale
MGM may be the best known logo in the entertainment business, but the
company seems headed for another possible garage sale. Several sources say
they expect that MGM will essentially be auctioned off within the next few
weeks. This would mean that a major, such as Time Warner, could buy the
MGM-UA library while another entity might acquire the logo, and yet another
deal could be made for United Artists. Sources speculated that Kirk
Kerkorian, who has already bought and sold MGM twice, might buy the logo
once again.
http://tinyurl.com/ygrkx5t

Guillermo Del Toro Confirms Hobbit Cameo
Guillermo Del Toro paid a visit to our message boards today to confirm that
he will definitely be making a cameo appearance in The Hobbit as a small
monster: "I had a hand on the design of the creature and I will personally
sculpt the appliances that will be applied on my face and hands. I used to
sculpt the creatures for NECROPIA (my FX company) and I miss it a bit. I
will have a line or two and die quickly."
http://tinyurl.com/yabcft6

Hobbit Shoot to Begin in Studio?
Vic from Red Carpet Tours sends in this little nugget of information he
heard down in New Zeland: "Rumor has it that the first six months of filming
in 2010 will take place in the studio." Truth or rumor? Time will tell!
http://tinyurl.com/yht2vg2

Producers of the Year: The Jackson Hive
Five years ago, while Peter Jackson was immersed in directing his
large-scale remake of "King Kong" for Universal, executive Mary Parent
mentioned a project the studio was developing based on the wildly popular
video game "Halo."
http://tinyurl.com/ylrgo8y

Whoopi Goldberg Confuses Her Wizards