[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter - August

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Sun Aug 2 22:26:39 EDT 2009

TORN #378

August 2009

Got Facebook? Twitter? Join us!
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/knucj5
Twitter: http://twitter.com/theoneringnet

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

---COMIC-CON 2009 COVERAGE---

TORn podcast! Comic-con! Shirts! Contests! PJ!
http://tinyurl.com/ly4pu8
TORn panel at Comic-Con: Full house + GDT
http://tinyurl.com/ntxxur
All Comic-Con All The Time
http://tinyurl.com/ne69n2
King Jackson holds geek-court at Comic-Con
http://tinyurl.com/kkq5pd
Jackson: The process of casting 'The Hobbit'
http://tinyurl.com/mo9d36
More Comic-Con Coverage
http://tinyurl.com/nus3vq
The One Ring.Net Podcast - Comic Con
http://tinyurl.com/nzu72t
Comic-Con Images Trickle In
http://tinyurl.com/kn6gjp
Jackson and company make major impact at CCon
http://tinyurl.com/nxxhhk
SDCC 09: Jackson, Blomkamp on District 9, Halo
http://tinyurl.com/mbh4h6
Comic-Con News Roundup
http://tinyurl.com/nzooz2
SDCC: Peter Jackson Talks 'Hobbit'
http://tinyurl.com/lgtahg
TORn Comic-Con shirts available for all
http://tinyurl.com/lfxadz
Comic-Con: PJ talks 'The Hobbit' but now in HD!
http://tinyurl.com/kuzyhn

LOTR:EE's on Blu-Ray Early?
ZeldaMaster8472 writes: I found this article on bluray.com this morning.
Apparently, Peter Jackson himself is saying that the Blu-Ray Extended
Editions will be coming out NEXT year, as opposed to 2011, the year of "The
Hobbit," as was rumored in the past. Good news, if you ask me!
http://tinyurl.com/nvjuy5

'Music of the Lord of the Rings Films' Cover Revealed
dadamsbookJohn writes: The cover artwork for Doug Adams' forthcoming book
"The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films" has just been released!
http://tinyurl.com/lqadsb

Wood Plans to Visit The Hobbit, or be in it
>From ifmagazine.com: While sitting on the panel at San Diego Comic Con for
9, Elijah Wood was asked about THE HOBBIT. While he says he didn't have any
idea if he is involved in the production. A visit to the set was not
something he was missing out on.
http://tinyurl.com/mtyd75

Renovating Hobbiton
The hobbit holes of Matamata are coming to life again. The farmer's paddock
made famous as Hobbiton in the Lord of the Rings movies is being resurrected
for two The Hobbit prequel films. The Waikato set was stripped in 2002
except for the frames of 17 hobbit holes underground houses for the
fictional creatures.
http://tinyurl.com/lm4ptw

WETA Returns to Middle-earth
>From the folks at WETA: We are delighted to announce our new license with
Warner Bros. Consumer Products to create a new range of the most authentic,
fine art collectibles and memorabilia based on The Lord of the Rings movie
trilogy. This range is designed and created by the same Academy
Award-winning artists who worked on the movie trilogy.
http://tinyurl.com/n3x5th

Lord of the Rings Radio City Music Hall Website Now Live!
The full Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring Radio City Music Hall
website is now live! Visitors are now welcomed to the website with the
booming voice of Gandalf himself, Sir Ian McKellen, and are encouraged to
sign up for newsletter updates!
Visit: http://www.theradiocitylotrconcert.com

More Hobbiton Set Pics
Ringer Spy Martin sends along these scans from a local newspaper in New
Zealand with images of the Hobbiton set reconstruction. If YOU see anything
you'd think we'd post send it along to spymaster at theonering.net
http://tinyurl.com/l9r24e

EXCLUSIVE: Rebuilding of Hobbiton has Begun!
Ringer Spy Uhtred passed this information to Red Carpet Tours, and they have
exclusively shared these pics with TheOneRing.net! The re-building of
Hobbiton has begun, with the planting of hedgerows and fruit trees. An
extension to the path that passes in front of Bag End has been marked out
also. There will be several new Hobbit holes dotted along its length. Check
out the complete gallery of images in our scrapbook and discuss in our
forums!
http://tinyurl.com/l7vu3t

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

TORn braves airwaves with bi-weekly segment on 'Fictional Frontiers'

TheOneRing.net will be providing a segment on this Sunday's broadcast of
'Fictional Frontiers with Sohaib,' on WNJC 1360 AM, Philadelphia at 11AM ET.
http://www.wnjc1360.com/Shows/Fictional_Frontiers/fictional_frontiers.html

TORN Books:

The People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien

The People's Guide is written by five contributing writers of TheOneRing.net
-- the leading fan website devoted to Tolkien, his books, his lore, the New
Line Cinema movies, and the fan community that centers on Middle-earth.
TheOneRing.net has always been distinguished by the quality of the original
articles appearing on its Green Books and Tehanu's Notes pages. This book
adapts some of the most popular articles on the TheOneRing.net as well as
offering readers completely new articles that are not available online.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1046309473

More People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien

Following last year's successful The People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien, this
volume continues in the best tradition of Green Books and Tehanu's Notes to
explore the words and worlds of J.R.R. Tolkien through essays, Q&A from
readers, and interviews with special guests.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1098932815

The Tolkien Fan's Medieval Reader, edited by Turgon

Over the years Tolkien's fondness for and indebtedness to medieval
literature has often been mentioned. His special devotion to older Germanic
literature, including Beowulf and the Eddas, has long been known, for as a
professor he taught these works in addition to teaching the languages in
which they were written. This anthology has been compiled in the hope of
sharing the pleasures of these -- and other -- classics of medieval
literature that were part of Tolkien's professional life and inspirations to
him in his creative work.
http://greenbooks.theonering.net/turgon/files/032504.html

Ongoing EXCLUSIVES from "Ringers: Lord of the Fans"

Ringers: Lord of the Fans is a feature-length documentary that reveals the
ongoing cultural phenomenon created by The Lord of the Rings. Very funny and
often moving, Ringers shows the hidden power behind Tolkien's books -- and
how after 50 years a single literary work continues to spark the minds and
hearts of millions.
http://www.ringersstore.com

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee at theonering.net and who knows!
You may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
beard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'TBHL' is the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://www.theonering.net/torwp/category/merchandise/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at theonering
at theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just type in
their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey at theonering.net).

Editor in Chief
PH: 514.947.5221
http://www.TheOneRing.net