[Lotr_announce] Join Us And Watch The FOTR EE This Weekend!

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Jan 13 12:54:16 EST 2006

Join Us And Watch The FOTR EE This Weekend!

This Saturday, Hall of Fire is going to the geek side. Instead of a topic
chat, we'll be hauling out our copies of the Fellowship of the Ring EE DVD,
dusting them off and popping them into the DVD player. And after the usual
confusion, at around 5.30pm EST we'll all press play on our individual DVD
players and proceed to cheer and jeer (or discuss and argue, if you like!)
the finer points of the film.

We'd be delighted if you could join us.

We plan to take a break midway through the film, to allow for stretching of
fingers and backs. Barliman will be on hand to serve drinks and snacks (and
to enforce the house rules).

* * *

WHEN WILL IT HAPPEN?

Saturday January 14

Time zone conversions:

Not sure what time the chat will be where you are? Check this little
conversion table out for some help.

America:
5.30pm EST (New York)
4.30pm CST (Chicago)
3.30pm MST (Salt Lake City)
2.30pm PST (Los Angeles)

Europe:
10.30pm GMT (London)
11.30pm CET (Paris)

Asia-Pacific:
6.30am AWST (Sunday 11th) Perth
8.30am AEST (Sunday 11th) Brisbane
9.30am AEDT (Sunday 11th) Sydney
11.30am NZDT (Sunday 11th) Wellington

WHERE?

On TORn's IRC server, in the #thehalloffire channel. After joining the
server, type /join #thehalloffire to get there.

If you've never been to TORn's IRC server before, you can join through our
java applet and type /join #thehalloffire once you're signed in. We
recommend you visit our FAQ for some guidelines on using our IRC service.
Barliman’s is a place for good conversation about JRR Tolkien’s works. We
welcome you to our community and ask that you, and all guests, abide by some
simple guidelines.

HOW?

Once everyone is in #moviechat and has their DVD ready to go, the ops will
moderate the room and have a countdown to "Play." I expect that we will be
able to give minute-markers throughout the evening for latecomers. A break
will be taken midway through -- the exact point will be announced in the
topic.

* * *

That's all, folks! See you this weekend!

Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
PH: 514.947.5221
http://www.TheOneRing.net
http://www.KongisKing.net