[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (23/10/04)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 10:43:07 -0400

Get your 'TORN' shirts right here!
http://shop.theonering.net/shirts/index.html

TORN #243

October 23rd, 2004

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

ORC News and Ticket Update!
We are very proud to announce our first guests for the One Ring Celebration.
Joining is in Pasadena, CA, in January will be Sean Astin, John Rhys-Davies,
Brad Dourif and Bruce Hopkins, along with performances by Emerald Rose and
Charles Ross (The One Man Lord of the Rings performer). Tickets should be on
sale in the next 24 hours or so. It's going to be a fabulous Friday for LOTR
fans.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1098406214

GAMING: BFME Armies Profile
Ringer Joe writes: The official site for EA's Battle for Middle Earth has
just put up two sets of armies profiles: Isengard and Rohan! Now you can see
the different types of Uruks, Rohirrim, and more that you'll have in these
armies, as well as the different buildings and upgrades they have, and even
descriptions of the heroes for these two armies. Very cool stuff!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1098457410

Sean Astin Book Tour Images & Reports
Emma, PippinSkywalker, bluelily17 & Naomi all send along great images and
reports from various Sean Astin book signing events in the north east last
week. Take a look!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1098110022

Makoare Giving Spoilers at New Starcon II?
Mazzic writes: I visited the New Starcon II in Tilburg, the Netherlands
earlier today. The only Lord of the Rings actor was Lawrence Makoare. He is
truly a nice lad who enjoys talking to his fans and giving information on
his acting performances and costume experiences. That is when I discovered
this picture where... !!! EE SPOILERS !!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1098064928

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon:

October 24th: Ted Nasmith Book Tour Shorewood, WI
October 25th: Ted Nasmith Book Tour Madison, WI
October 26th: Ted Nasmith Book Tour St. Paul, MN
October 27th: Ted Nasmith Book Tour Salt Lake City, UT
October 28th: Ted Nasmith Book Tour Seattle, WA
October 29th: Ted Nasmith Book Tour Mountain View, CA

Join us at the 'Hall of Fire'

Weekly chats with LOTR fans JUST LIKE YOU! Read the schedule below for the
next chat subject and times.

upcoming topics:

10/23/04, 10/24/04: Political Systems in Middle Earth
10/30/04, 10/31/04: The Nazgul/Ringwraiths
11/6/04,  11/7/04:  The Hobbit: Chapter 17: The Clouds Burst

Times:
Saturday Chat:
5:30pm ET (17:30)
[also 11:30pm (23:30) CET and 9:30am Sunday (09:30) AET]

Sunday Chat:
7:00 pm (19:00) CET
[also 2:00pm (14:00) ET and 5:00am (05:00) Monday morning AET]

ET = Eastern Time, USA's East Coast
CET = Central European Time, Central Europe
AET = Australian East Coast

Do you have a possible topic for Hall of Fire? Drop us a line at
halloffire@theonering.net

TORN's Own Book: The People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien

Cold Spring Press is pleased to announce its new book "The People's Guide to
J.R.R. Tolkien." This book of essays fills the void between the release of
the second and third Lord of the Rings movies. Passionate, ardent,
well-informed, and unlike any other book on the subject, this is an
indispensable handbook for people who consider themselves experts -- or who
wish to become experts -- on the lore of Middle-earth and the man who made
the myths.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1046309473

Ongoing EXCLUSIVES from “Ringers: Lord of the Fans”

Get breaking news on TORn! As the “Ringers” team completes work on this
exciting project, you can follow post-production and get EXCLUSIVE
announcements of who is starring in the film! Ringers: Lord of the Fans is a
feature-length documentary that reveals the ongoing cultural phenomenon
created by The Lord of the Rings. Very funny and often moving, Ringers shows
the hidden power behind Tolkien’s books -- and how after 50 years a single
literary work continues to spark the minds and hearts of millions.
http://www.lordofthefans.net

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
beard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'TBHL' is the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Green Books- Not to be confused with the Red Book of Westmarch, we are just
pilgrims on the Tolkien trail, exploring the history, people, and events of
all the ages of Middle-earth, the Blessed Realm, and the lands that lie
beneath the wave. Whether you need to know more about the Elvish languages,
find out what new editions of old favorites are coming to market, read
in-depth commentary on Tolkien's thematic elements, or peruse fan-submitted
original works or humor, Ostadan, Turgon, Quickbeam, Anwyn, and Tookish have
a little something for everyone. In addition, Green Books is home to the
overwhelmingly popular Questions & Answers. If you have a Tolkien question,
conundrum, wonderment, or puzzler, the Green Books staff will rise to your
challenge.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of over 20 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from
Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718