[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (13/11/2004)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:55:37 -0500

Get your 'TORN' shirts right here!
http://shop.theonering.net/shirts/index.html

TORN #246

November 13th, 2004

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Peter Tait Added to ORC!
We're happy to announce that Peter Tait (Shagrat in ROTK) has been added to
our guest list for ORC, *January 14-16* at The Pasadena Center in Pasadena
California. Here's where our celebrity guest list stands as of today, with
more announcements to come!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1100305864

ORC Guests Keep on Coming!
We have signed more guests for ORC (One Ring Celebration), our first
Convention being held in Pasadena California, January 14th-16th. We recently
added Jorn Benzon (actor), Sandro Kopp (actor), Daniel Falconer (Senior
Designer at WETA WORKSHOP), Colleen Doran (fantasy artist), & Mike Foster
(North American Representative of The Tolkien Society). They add themselves
to an amazing lineup including; Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Billy Boyd, Bruce
Hopkins, John Rhys-Davies, & Royd Tolkien (Great-grandson of JRR Tolkien).
You can also see performances by Charles Ross ("One Man Lord of the Rings"),
Emerald Rose, & World Without Sundays! Tickets on sale now!!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1100186848

Sean Astin Book Tour Dates
Sean Astin will once again be touring the US and one stop in London in the
next few months. He is promoting his book "There and Back Again : An Actor's
Tale". Follow the link for more information!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1100186372

Sideshow/Weta Film Festival Winners
If you have been following the progress of the Sideshow Collectibles Film
Festival, you know that the winners were announced a few days ago. In fact,
the top two entries featuring Lord of the Rings as their main theme. Check
out the winners and drool over the Artist Proof Balrog statue that was
awarded to first place!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1100185027

SHOP: More LOTR Action Figures Down the Line?
Nomad from action-figure.com writes: Looks like there's still life in the
line! Though JAKKS, who recently acquired Play Along, has been reluctant to
tell us if they will continue with Lord of the Rings items, it seems the Art
Asylum showroom had the answer. Check this round of pics for new items as
it's all so blurry to me at this point, I don't know what hasn't been seen
yet! Round 2 will go up tomorrow.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1100184844

Noble Collection Updates LOTR Items
holbytla writes: I thought you'd like to know that I stumbled across a large
new posting of LOTR items at the Noble Collection web site today, including
King Elessar's crown; a new Fellowship necklace, ring and bracelet; a
display case for the Evenstar necklace; a pewter sculpture of the battle
between Gandalf and Saruman; King Theoden's sword; Denethor's ring; and much
more. My Christmas wish list just grew by about a page!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1100040599

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon:

November 19th: Sean Bean's 'National Treasure' Released

Join us at the 'Hall of Fire'

Weekly chats with LOTR fans JUST LIKE YOU! Read the schedule below for the
next chat subject and times.

upcoming topics:

11/20 and 11/21: "If I lived in Middle Earth": Which of Tolkien s characters
would you like to be?
11/27 and 11/28: The Hobbit: Chapter 18: The Return Journey and Chapter 19:
The Last Stage
12/4 and 12/5: Concerning Hobbits Everything you ever wanted to know

Times:
Saturday Chat:
5:30pm ET (17:30)
[also 11:30pm (23:30) CET and 9:30am Sunday (09:30) AET]

Sunday Chat:
7:00 pm (19:00) CET
[also 2:00pm (14:00) ET and 5:00am (05:00) Monday morning AET]

ET = Eastern Time, USA's East Coast
CET = Central European Time, Central Europe
AET = Australian East Coast

Do you have a possible topic for Hall of Fire? Drop us a line at
halloffire@theonering.net

TORN's Own Book: The People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien

Cold Spring Press is pleased to announce its new book "The People's Guide to
J.R.R. Tolkien." This book of essays fills the void between the release of
the second and third Lord of the Rings movies. Passionate, ardent,
well-informed, and unlike any other book on the subject, this is an
indispensable handbook for people who consider themselves experts -- or who
wish to become experts -- on the lore of Middle-earth and the man who made
the myths.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1046309473

Ongoing EXCLUSIVES from “Ringers: Lord of the Fans”

Get breaking news on TORn! As the “Ringers” team completes work on this
exciting project, you can follow post-production and get EXCLUSIVE
announcements of who is starring in the film! Ringers: Lord of the Fans is a
feature-length documentary that reveals the ongoing cultural phenomenon
created by The Lord of the Rings. Very funny and often moving, Ringers shows
the hidden power behind Tolkien’s books -- and how after 50 years a single
literary work continues to spark the minds and hearts of millions.
http://www.lordofthefans.net

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
beard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'TBHL' is the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Green Books- Not to be confused with the Red Book of Westmarch, we are just
pilgrims on the Tolkien trail, exploring the history, people, and events of
all the ages of Middle-earth, the Blessed Realm, and the lands that lie
beneath the wave. Whether you need to know more about the Elvish languages,
find out what new editions of old favorites are coming to market, read
in-depth commentary on Tolkien's thematic elements, or peruse fan-submitted
original works or humor, Ostadan, Turgon, Quickbeam, Anwyn, and Tookish have
a little something for everyone. In addition, Green Books is home to the
overwhelmingly popular Questions & Answers. If you have a Tolkien question,
conundrum, wonderment, or puzzler, the Green Books staff will rise to your
challenge.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of over 20 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from
Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
PH: 514.947.5221