[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (22/09/03)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:24:34 -0400

A New Documentary produced in association with TheOneRing.net - 'Ringers"
see below

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)

TORN #191

Monday September 22nd, 2003 (Happy Birthday Bilbo & Frodo!)

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

GAMING: ROTK Demo Released!
The folks at 3dgamers.com have released a demo from the forthcoming EA game
'Return of the King'. Take a look!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1064157045

Caption Contest Winners! - Finally!
After a slight delay...we are proud to announce the winners of our 2003
Caption Contest! Please support our sponsor ShopAFX.com for their generous
donation of prizes to this contest. Follow the link to see what lucky fans
won!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1064022890

TV: LOTR Inside the Actors Studio CANCELLED
Xoanon here, my source sends along the sad news regarding the LOTR cast
appearing on the PBS show 'Inside the Actors Studio'. The Lord of the Rings
Inside the Actor's Studio taping is off and is not likely to happen soon...
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1063991405

More ROTK Reshoot Scoops!
Our insider in the ROTK camp chimes in with some exclusive news on what has
been filming lately in New Zealand! Black Gates! Corsairs! Massive Battles
and more!! Some Spoilers!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1063941680

ROTK Toy Images!
Amazon.com has posted some great toy images from ROTK! Take a look! Fell
Beast Playset from PlayAlong Toys. And here is a great pic of the King!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1063936676

Ringers production across the pond!
Carlene Cordova writes: As you may or may not know - the "Ringers: Lord of
the Fans" production crew is heading off to Jolly old England! We'll be
interviewing famous authors like Terry Pratchett, shooting Tolkien's old
stomping grounds in Birmingham, and visiting Oxonmoot in Oxford. We'll also
be interviewing the leadership of The Tolkien Society, lots of fans, some
Tolkien scholars and more!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1063908643

Great New ROTK Image!
The folks over at elfenomeno.com have posted a scan from a Spanish Magazine,
the article features nothing new but the image that goes along with it is
quite stunning! Take a look at the scan of the magazine and a close up of
the image! Very Small Spoilers!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1063820604

Bad Weather Delays Filming
OK, so I got this news from Shell 2 weeks ago and lost it...here goes: "I've
been told that due to that lateness of the main film group (weather problems
and the like), the wrap up for the main filming/miniatures will now continue
until the end of Sept obviously the will be heaps of CGI stuff to do between
now so it will be pretty full on for them. The main battle groups are now in
Paraparaumu filming, mainly because of awful weather, they should be
returning back to Miramar next week so I hear."
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1063752351

More Info On ROTK Action at Anvil Studios!
Vincent Smalls writes: Thought I'd give you an update on the ROTK ADR
(additional dialog recording) mixing going on down here at Anvil Studios.
They are still hard at work with the sound mixing. Elijah Wood (Frodo) was
in yesterday, presumably doing some sound looping. I'm going to try and get
over there sometime soon. As soon as we know Peter Jackson is over there, I
will try to "accidentally" bump into him, perhaps ask him a few questions.
It's not over yet!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1063741463

London Science Museum LOTR Exhibition - The Opening!
Today, Monday the 15th marks the opening of the highly anticipated Lord of
the Rings exhibition in the London Science Museum. TheOneRing.net was there,
got a chance to chat to all the VIPs present, shoot some footage and bring
you this exclusive report! The exhibition opens for the general public
tomorrow, today the press (gathered from all over the world!) got a sneak
peak at the exhibit, which is said to have sold more tickets then anything
else the Science Museum has ever hosted. No gathering masses around the
museum today though, just lots of Finnish students, one or two tourists and
a bunch of press people eagerly awaiting the launch of the first European
LOTR-exhibit. Other then that very few people on the street seemed to be
aware of the exhibit.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1063673953

Trailer Confirmed by USAToday!
USAToday is reporting that the first theatrical trailer for The Return of
the King will, as previously reported by TORN, show up before New Line
Cinema's 'Secondhand Lions.'
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1063660572

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

COMING SOON:

September 22nd: Sala Baker's Birthday
September 24th: 'Into the Ring' play in Texas begins run
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1063290230
September 26th: New ROTK Trailer hits the cinema
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1063660572
September 26th: FOTR Outdoor Screening in Montreal
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1064160063

TORN's Own Book: The People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien

Cold Spring Press is pleased to announce its new book "The People's Guide to
J.R.R. Tolkien." This book of essays fills the void between the release of
the second and third Lord of the Rings movies. Passionate, ardent,
well-informed, and unlike any other book on the subject, this is an
indispensable handbook for people who consider themselves experts -- or who
wish to become experts -- on the lore of Middle-earth and the man who made
the myths.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1046309473

A New Documentary produced in association with TheOneRing.net - 'Ringers"
see below

TheOneRing.net, in association with Planet BB, is turning the spotlight on
the fans of J.R.R. Tolkien in a new feature-length documentary titled
"Ringers: Lord of the Fans." Yes, this is a film about YOU, the FANS!
http://www.theonering.net/ringers/index.html

Pre-Order TTT Extended Edition!

We all want the regular ole theatrical edition of The Two Towers. But the
prize this year is going to be The Two Towers extended edition DVD
Collector's boxed set, featuring the exclusive Gollum statue from
Sideshow/Weta Collectibles. And guess what folks!? It went on pre-sale today
at Amazon.com. I'm sure more retailers will be posting links shortly, but in
the meantime, we have posted an in-depth look at what the Extended Edition
will contain, both speculation and confirmed added scenes. Check out our
complete Extended Edition coverage!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1056124875

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
beard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'TBHL' is the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Green Books- Not to be confused with the Red Book of Westmarch, we are just
pilgrims on the Tolkien trail, exploring the history, people, and events of
all the ages of Middle-earth, the Blessed Realm, and the lands that lie
beneath the wave. Whether you need to know more about the Elvish languages,
find out what new editions of old favorites are coming to market, read
in-depth commentary on Tolkien’s thematic elements, or peruse fan-submitted
original works or humor, Ostadan, Turgon, Quickbeam, Anwyn, and Tookish have
a little something for everyone. In addition, Green Books is home to the
overwhelmingly popular Questions & Answers. If you have a Tolkien question,
conundrum, wonderment, or puzzler, the Green Books staff will rise to your
challenge.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of over 20 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from
Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718