[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (27/10/03)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:58:15 -0500

"RINGERS": A Documentary produced in association with TheOneRing.net
http://www.theonering.net/ringers/

TORN #196

Monday October 27th, 2003

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Another Collectormania 4 Transcript!
Cheshire Cat was kind enough to send us another transcript from
Collectormania 4 with Sean Astin and Elijah Wood. Take a look!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067186400

New Arwen ROTK Image!
As if this past week we haven't seen enough images from Return of the King,
here is a new one featuring Arwen in a certain red dress...seen in trailers
as far back as the first internet only trailer for FOTR all those years ago.
Take a look!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067136023

High Rez LOTR Production Art!
Mr. Mole, an insider in the production, sent along these images used in
various ads and magazines over the years. Some of these are amazing! Take a
look!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067135479

ROTK Photoguide Pictures Galore!
We have updated our scrapbook with some more amazing pictures from the Dutch
version of the Return of the King Official Photoguide. First off there's
some new additions from Ringer Spy Mibri in his batch we posted yesterday,
we also added two great scans from Mischa and a whole gallery from Marike!
SPOILERS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN REACH!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067036561

ROTK Photoguide Images!
Ringer Spy Mibri sends along these excellent scans from the Dutch version of
the Official Photoguide for The Return of the King! Included in this set;
Pippin and the Palantir and Denethor's Pyre! !!!MAJOR SPOILERS
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1066969830

Noble Collection Catalog Images!
Jeff sends along these amazing scans from the latest Noble Collection
Catalog! Take a look at these beauties!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1066963105

FEATURE: Trilogy Tuesday - Solutions and Perspective
After a three day 'Trilogy Tuesday' exposé, the dust has settled. We fans
have had our chance to vent. New Line has spoken and Tolkien fandom marches
on. In our final report, we try to put the matter of 'Trilogy Tuesday' into
perspective and provide some 'solutions.'
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1066925997

TORN Digital West: EXCLUSIVE Orlando Bloom Clip
Quickbeam writes: These days it seems we just can't get Orlando Bloom out of
our hair. He follows us into restaurants. He is always hanging around the
back of the bus, thinking we don't notice him. But of course he's at
Starbucks, every morning, hiding behind an old copy of the L.A. Times acting
non-chalant. That's the price we pay being part of TORN -- always in demand
in Hollywood -- we could wave a stick and hit 7 celebrities just begging to
be on our videotape. And thus we have Mr. Bloom waiting for his chance! All
he really wants is to share the love with all you shiny, happy Ringer fans.
So after months of this clandestine behavior, we just turned around and
said, OK, fine... we'll interview you.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1066875288

TheOneRing.net chats with Lawrence Makoare!
At the recent Collectormania 4 TheOneRing.net got the chance to talk to Kiwi
actor Lawrence Makoare who played, amongst others, Lurtz and the Witch King
about make-up, Christopher Lee and punching Viggo Mortensen in the face!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1066856268

LOTR: The Motion Picture Trilogy Artwork!
Mr. Mole writes: I thought you might like this, I saw you mentioned you only
had it at extremely small resolutions. You do know that New Line printed
3000 special tickets (30 for each territory) including this artwork, they
are beautiful and I'm sure, as are New Line, that these extremely rare
tickets will be highly collectable. They are something to behold but I have
no idea how they intend to pass them out, to the first who bought tickets,
or raffles or if they just intend to hand them to special guests. I do know
that each ticket comes with a hologram about the size of a nickel on their
fronts and they (New Line) were obsessing about the perforations between the
stub and the ticket so they wouldn't get damaged when they were separated.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1066684496

London Expo 2003 Images & Reports!
A BIG Thank You to all the folks who have sent in their images and reports
from London Expo 2003. Take a look at all the images here!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1066683699

Beyond Bree Talks 'People's Guide'
Jon writes: A fan forwarded me this jpeg with a review from Beyond Bree; as
I haven't seen it yet on TORN. Can you post it on the home page? Thanks --
also, fyi, the book is now at the printer for its second printing, which is
pretty impressive after less than six months in stores, so maybe that's
worth a mention too? It should be available on or about 11/5.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1066679630

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

COMING SOON:

October 30: Dr. Graeme Anthony at Dragonspace
October 30: London LOTR & TTT double bill
(http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/imax/lotr.asp)
October 30: Sala Baker at Chiller Theatre Convention in New Jersey
October 31: Peter Jackson's Birthday
November 1: Celebrities 'Shoot for The Stars' with Sony moves to LA
(http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1065280524)
November 1: Tolkien Lectures start At The Smithsonian

TORN's Own Book: The People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien

Cold Spring Press is pleased to announce its new book "The People's Guide to
J.R.R. Tolkien." This book of essays fills the void between the release of
the second and third Lord of the Rings movies. Passionate, ardent,
well-informed, and unlike any other book on the subject, this is an
indispensable handbook for people who consider themselves experts -- or who
wish to become experts -- on the lore of Middle-earth and the man who made
the myths.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1046309473

A New Documentary produced in association with TheOneRing.net - 'Ringers"
see below

TheOneRing.net, in association with Planet BB, is turning the spotlight on
the fans of J.R.R. Tolkien in a new feature-length documentary titled
"Ringers: Lord of the Fans." Yes, this is a film about YOU, the FANS!
http://www.theonering.net/ringers/

Pre-Order TTT Extended Edition!

We all want the regular ole theatrical edition of The Two Towers. But the
prize this year is going to be The Two Towers extended edition DVD
Collector's boxed set, featuring the exclusive Gollum statue from
Sideshow/Weta Collectibles. And guess what folks!? It went on pre-sale today
at Amazon.com. I'm sure more retailers will be posting links shortly, but in
the meantime, we have posted an in-depth look at what the Extended Edition
will contain, both speculation and confirmed added scenes. Check out our
complete Extended Edition coverage!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1056124875

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
beard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'TBHL' is the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Green Books- Not to be confused with the Red Book of Westmarch, we are just
pilgrims on the Tolkien trail, exploring the history, people, and events of
all the ages of Middle-earth, the Blessed Realm, and the lands that lie
beneath the wave. Whether you need to know more about the Elvish languages,
find out what new editions of old favorites are coming to market, read
in-depth commentary on Tolkien’s thematic elements, or peruse fan-submitted
original works or humor, Ostadan, Turgon, Quickbeam, Anwyn, and Tookish have
a little something for everyone. In addition, Green Books is home to the
overwhelmingly popular Questions & Answers. If you have a Tolkien question,
conundrum, wonderment, or puzzler, the Green Books staff will rise to your
challenge.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of over 20 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from
Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718