[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (21/10/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 00:29:50 -0400

!!!!ONE PARTY TO RULE THEM ALL 2003!!!!!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)

TORN #149

Monday October 21st, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

TORN Digital Chapter IV: Concerning Rangers
TORN Digital IV is here! Take a look at the latest edition of TORN Digital,
where television meets the internet! This chapter we sat down with Viggo
Mortensen while he was in New York City. Viggo spoke to us about poetry, New
Zealand artists and The Two Towers of course! Choose your path and download!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1035150578

Howard Shore Wins WSA
Branch writes: The 2002 World Soundtrack Awards just ended in Ghent,
Belgium. I'm happy to say the score for Lord of the Rings won Best
Orchestral Film Score. On a sad note Howard Shore wasn't there himself. (non
English text)
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1035127765

TORN Is Going To TORoNto!
I think they should rename the city TORNonto while we're there. Anyway I
will be making my way over to Toronto for the Alliance Atlantis special
exhibit of TTT Goodies! I will be there from October the 30th to November
the 3rd. Come on down and join me! I'll be giving out Hotel and contact info
shortly, we'll have an impromptu get together of TORN fans! See you there
soon!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1034960539

JRD Pulls Out Of RingCon
FAK sends along word that John Rhys-Davies (Gimli) has had to pull out of
RingCon, read on for the explanation.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1034948499

Armstrong Replaces Holm in 'Mappa Mundi'
The National is having poor luck with its leading men recently. First, Paul
Rhys had to pull out of Ivanov, and now Sir Ian Holm has had to withdraw
from Mappa Mundi due to a medical problem.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1034910087

LOTR Piracy Ring Busted In The UK
In what is believed to be the largest VHS counterfeiting bust in the United
Kingdom in nearly two years, police and the U.K. video piracy watchdog, the
Federation Against Copyright Theft, this week smashed a Lord of the Rings
piracy factory, the agency reported Wednesday.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1034882935

FOTR DVD SE Q&A!
Wow...I didn't write one full word up there...Anyway, I've updated the Q&A
for my review of the FOTR: Special Edition DVD! Take a look at 'UPDATE III',
more to come soon!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1034809437

FOTR To be Pulled On November 1st?
Randy writes: This is a reply I got from a chain in Michigan when I
requested they put FOTR back up before TTT. New Line has told us that FOTR
will be pulled from theatrical release on November 1. This means no prints
will be available for anyone to play. We're not sure how these other
theatres plan on getting prints when New Line is telling us this, but if we
could play it, we would.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1034780740

Is TTT Finished Today?! Is There A Final Cut Out There?!?!
JB writes: I was excited to hear from my friend who is a visual effects
supervisor at Weta Digital, she said last Saturday they had 4 days before
they had to deliver the final product for TTT, guess that means Tuesday is
it! Can't wait to see it!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1034701619

To Sum Up, Here Are The Differences
Csaba writes: I discovered your site while comparing the four different
versions of the LOTR DVD and thought I would send you a note. I am sure that
your readershipis quite familiar with the differences between the different
editions of the LOTR:FOTR. Nevertheless, they may find the following link
useful.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1034701517

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon

- TheOneRing.net sat down with Billy Boyd while he was in the big apple, see
what the young Scotsman has to say!
- The Karl Urban (Eomer) film 'Ghost Ship' is released in North America
(October 25th)
- TheOneRing.net is going to Toronto! (October 30th - November 3rd)
- Peter Jackson's Birthday! (October 31st)

TORN Is Going To TORoNto!
I think they should rename the city TORNonto while we're there. Anyway I
will be making my way over to Toronto for the Alliance Atlantis special
exhibit of TTT Goodies! I will be there from October the 30th to November
the 3rd. Come on down and join me! I'll be giving out Hotel and contact info
shortly, we'll have an impromptu get together of TORN fans! See you there
soon!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1034960539

!!!!One Party to Rule Them All 2003!!!!

We recently made a very special announcement exclusively at DragonCon 2002.
TheOneRing.net will once again be hosting the 'One Party to Rule Them All'
on March 23rd (Oscar Night) in Hollywood, CA. The party will prove to be two
times more fun and exciting then the last. Stay tuned for further details!

FOTR: Special Edition DVD Review!!!

Xoanon recently returned from the marathon screening of FOTR:SE at New
Line`s intimate screening room in West Hollywood, California. The screening
was attended by a few website folks and DVD aficionados. Keith Stern from
McKellen.com was in attendance as well, Gordon Paddison and Wendy Rutherford
also attended
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1034494568

Pre-Order The !EXTENDED! FOTR DVD TODAY!

The time has arrived! You can purchase the 208 minute version of Fellowship
of the Ring! Choose from either the standard 4 disc set, or the super cool
Collector's Edition Gift Set, which features figures from Sideshow/Weta and
an expanded National Geographic DVD.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1023420947

ps - All of these links will allow for a percentage of your purchase to be
contributed to TheOneRing.net. So thanks ahead of time!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Green Books has a great little up date to wrap up the month of September. I
go Out on a Limb to review "The Annotated Hobbit," a stunning new edition
from Douglas A. Anderson. Tookish, that crazy old goony-bird, brings us
side-splitting Ticklers with lots of original Fan jokes and humor. Moon
Letters is your gallery for the best Fan Fiction and Poems. Questions &
Answers is fairly bursting at the seams with 21 new articles of Tolkien
lore, arcana, and apocrypha. Join us as we continue to explore the WORDS and
WORLDS of Tolkien!
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of over 20 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from
Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718