[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (01/10/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:45:15 -0400

!!!!ONE PARTY TO RULE THEM ALL 2003!!!!!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)

TORN #146

Tuesday October 1st, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Frame by Frame...Almost there...
We've been slaving all day long on the updated text for our frame by frame.
Thanks to the efforts of staffers in Barlimans chatroom, we now have the
majority of the descriptions finalized. A few more pages to go, but if you
can't wait for the completed product, check it out now. We will also be
updating the images with clearer ones, once the official site makes a hi-res
Quicktime version available. !!!MAJOR SPOILERS!!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1033407664

Toronto TTT Coolness Exhibit!
TORONTO, Sept. 30 /CNW/ - Alliance Atlantis Motion Picture Distribution
announced today that on October 31, 2002, THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO
TOWERS EXHIBIT, an experiential exhibition containing artifacts from New
Line Cinema's theatrical production of THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS
will launch in Toronto for a four-week period at the Royal Ontario Museum's
former McLaughlin Planetarium. Toronto is the only city in North America
where this exhibit will be presented.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1033397821

TTT Trailer in Quicktime!
For those of you that do not or can not look at the trailer in
RealPlayer-format; both Aintitcoolnews.com and LightsoutEntertainment have
links to QuickTime-versions of the trailer that are quite good!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1033386897

What's In 1 Min and 16 Seconds Of Footage?
Apparently too much for the BBFC (British MPAA -Xo) seems the region 2 DVD
will be cut by almost a minute and a half of footage, reason being? 'Company
chose to cut strong language, audible or visible over the bleeps, and
accompanying sexual references, for PG. A 12 uncut was available to the
distributor. These cuts are from the 'Making of' footage, not from the film
itself. So now you know...
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1033232332

ET TTT Preview Trailer Links and Pics!
If you missed Entertainment Tonight's Exclusive look at The Two Towers, not
to worry. We've got your back. Here are some links and images that should
show you what you missed. !!!MAJOR SPOILERS!!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1033186941

TTT Trailer Description!
I've seen the new TTT trailer! Or what LITTLE of it the monkeys at ET
played...they'd rather mention what Elizabeth Taylor was wearing at an
auction! AHHH!!!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1033163773

Alan Lee Interview!
Coming soon: Our one on one interview with Alan Lee! TORN staffer Thorongil
was up until the wee hours in the morning with the legendary artist and
conceptual designer for the LOTR films Alan Lee...wait until you see what he
has to say about his experiences!

Alan Lee NYC Event Reports!
NYCHobbit sends along these great pics from the Alan Lee event in NYC
yesterday, and Neil sends along his report as well.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1033144514

GAMING: Games Workshop Helms Deep Coolness!
Champion2K writes: Thought you might like to see this picture of the
hornburg built by GAMES WORKSHOP for their Lord of the Rings Battle Game.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1032987002

The Great Fan Art Contest 2002 Winners!
After reviewing over 500 entries, a few rounds of voting by our staff and 2
extra days of anticipation, it is finally time to announce the winners of
our Fan Art Contest 2002! Thanks to all the fans who entered and a big
thanks to our sponsors who supported this contest. Follow the link to see
the winners in each age group.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1032980275

Shot By Shot Trailer Description!?
I received a mysterious email from a spy that is new to me. He or she sent
me a few details on the new TTT trailer! I'm not vouching for any of this,
but if it is true it sounds VERY good! Take a look! !!!Spoilers!!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1032929112

First Report from The Two Towers 16 Minute Press Screening
Roger Friedman was one of a select few press that had a chance to see an
exclusive 16 minutes of footage from The Two Towers. (Lucky!) And I guess we
can say he was impressed. Check out the story at FoxNews.com and thanks to
all of the Ringer fans who sent us the link.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1032886620

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

!!!!One Party to Rule Them All 2003!!!!

We recently made a very special announcement exclusively at DragonCon 2002.
TheOneRing.net will once again be hosting the 'One Party to Rule Them All'
on March 23rd (Oscar Night) in Hollywood, CA. The party will prove to be two
times more fun and exciting then the last. Stay tuned for further details!

Pre-Order The !EXTENDED! FOTR DVD TODAY!

The time has arrived! You can purchase the 208 minute version of Fellowship
of the Ring! Choose from either the standard 4 disc set, or the super cool
Collector's Edition Gift Set, which features figures from Sideshow/Weta and
an expanded National Geographic DVD.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1023420947

ps - All of these links will allow for a percentage of your purchase to be
contributed to TheOneRing.net. So thanks ahead of time!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

How time flies!! -Green Books- proudly marks its third year on
TheOneRing.net with a special Anniversary Edition. Go Out on a Limb and read
the full story of how I "Found a Hobbit’s Voice" -- providing the character
voice of Sam for the video game! Anwyn thinks that The Two Towers will be
TWICE the movie that Fellowship was. Turgon returns with a remarkably huge
"Roundup of Recent and Forthcoming Books by and about J.R.R.T." over on his
Bookshelf including titles through Fall 2002. Tookish has more delicious
Ticklers with top-10 lists, jokes, slap-happy FILKS and more. What madness
awaits you! Moon Letters offers many new and splendid Fan poetry and
creative writings. Questions & Answers has great new stuff! We truly love
bringing this magazine to you.... So on behalf of the entire Green Books
Staff, I say "THANK YOU" to the many readers around the world who have made
these three years such an outrageous success!
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of over 20 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from
Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718