[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (27/05/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sun, 26 May 2002 23:03:40 -0400

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)

TORN #129

Monday May 27th, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

GAMING: LOTR Pictures From EA
Trinity writes: Just thought you guys would like to see the booths that
Universal Interactive and EA had for the Lord of the Rings at E3 in LA.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1022442046]

LOTR & The Teen Choice Awards
Jennifer writes: I just got my new issue of Seventeen magazine (July 2002),
I typed you the nods LOTR got for the Teen Choice Awards.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1022438220]

EXCLUSIVE: First Online Review of FOTR DVD!
Well, with more than three months before its release, the first review of
the first Fellowship of the Ring DVD has surfaced on the Internet, and it's
the folks at LightsOutEntertainment who have landed the scoop. Check out the
review (with a lot of beautiful screenshots), though you may make the wait
for August that much harder for yourself.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1022273478]

Ask Christopher Lee Winners!
We received over 550 emails from all over the globe with questions for
Christopher Lee (Saruman). We chose the 15 questions we thought were
interesting and were some of the most popular questions asked. Christopher
Lee will be answering these 15 questions on video, and you will soon be able
to see it right here! Congrats to all the folks who got their questions
through, and thanks for sending your questions in!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1022259948]

Hobbits Sighted In Wellywood
SC writes: A couple of my friends were at a service station in central
Wellington on Friday night and as they were making their purchases who walks
in but Dominic Monaghan (Merry) and Billy Boyd (Pippin)! The only mental
note my friends made was that Dom and Billy were on foot, and appeared to be
quite short - kind of like hobbits in the flesh!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1022163015]

And the winner is...
Congratulations to Guy Gondron from Orlando Florida! He is our Two Towers
Teaser Poster contest winner! Guy has won a Sam and Bill the Pony statue
from Sideshow/Weta Collectibles and a signed Ted Nasmith poster! Follow the
link to see Guy's winning entry and our other two winners!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1022126600]

Rhys-Davies seen in Wellington?
Arowin from the message boards saw John Rhys-Davies in Wellington recently.
More evidence that filming is happening as we speak....you may recall that
John is doing the voice of Treebeard as well as playing Gimli in TTT, so
he'll have a lot to do.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1022092868]

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

COMING SOON:

- May 27th; Christopher Lee's (Saruman) birthday
- May 30th; Live Chat With Decipher's Joe Alread
- May 31st; Live chat with author Garry Russel
- May 31st - June 3rd; 'Con With The Wind' Convention in New Zealand

Pre-Order FOTR TODAY!

It looks like everyone is jumping into the mix with DVD pre-orders. We will
be updating this list as it grows. Here is where you can pick up the Region
1 and 2 DVD and VHS version of Fellowship of the Ring:
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018285259]

ps - All of these links will allow for a percentage of your purchase to be
contributed to TheOneRing.net. So thanks ahead of time!

The Hall Of Fire Chatroom

Live Chat With Decipher's Joe Alread

Come join us Thursday May 30th at 7pm EST for a discussion with Joe Alread,
one of the Designers of Decipher's Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game! Joe
will be discussing the upcoming expansion Realm of the Elf-Lords, his
favorite pieces of the game, info for newcomers to the game, and if we're
lucky some advanced info on the Two Towers expansion.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1021947408]

Live Chat With Author Garry Russell

Friday May 31st, be in Barliman's to catch your chance to talk to the author
of 'The Art of the Fellowship of the Ring'! More info soon.

BarliBash 2002... SEATTLE!!

Well, folks, the votes are in and tallied. Come July 24th-28th, Ringers
shall descend upon Seattle, Washington like some sort of geeky plague!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/5/1010538929]

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html]

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Come check out the new May update for -Green Books-. Go Out on a Limb with
me to learn fantastic behind-the-scenes secrets from PJ’s Fellowship of the
Ring. Counterpoint has tremendous feedback from readers tackling both Anwyn
and the movie.Turgon’s Bookshelf interviews the grandson of E.A. Wyke-Smith,
author of The Marvelous Land of Snergs which inspired Tolkien to write The
Hobbit! Moon Letters is your ultimate Fan Fiction forum. The Most Frequently
Asked Questions page is probably the single most helpful page on the
Internet. Seriously. Special Guest Caroline Monroe explores how Potter
author J.K. Rowling was inspired by Tolkien! Check out 20 new Questions &
Answers, including:
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718