[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (13/05/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Mon, 13 May 2002 02:40:57 -0400

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)
Submit YOUR questions to Christopher Lee! See Below!

TORN #127

Monday May 13th, 2002 (Happy belated Mother's Day to all the moms out
there!)

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Weekend Round Up
Missed all the news this weekend? Were you too busy treating the special
moms in your life like the goddesses they are? Well good for you! Now follow
the link to see what you may have missed this weekend!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1021271476]

Ash Wednesday Report From Tribeca
Emma Abraham writes: Lower Manhattan saw an influx of "Lord of the Rings"
fans, beginning on Friday night, May 10, when people began to arrive in town
for Saturday's screening of "Ash Wednesday" at the Tribeca Film Festival.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1021252558]

McKellen In 'Actors Studio' Today
JBG writes: Ian McKellen (Gandalf) is getting taped for Bravo's "Inside the
Actor's Studio" tonight (Monday, May 13th) at The New School in Manhattan,
NYC.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1021270281]

Bruce Pelz: R.I.P.
TORN Staffer Ostadan informs us of the passing of one of the original LOTR
fanboys ever. Bruce Pelz: Bruce was a central, nay, _the_ central figure in
Los Angeles science fiction fandom for more than forty years. He was the guy
who got things done -- conventions, fanzines, buildings, meetings,
parties -- everything.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1021223917]

TTT: Towers Filming As We Speak? -UPDATE-
Taniwha sends along some info on just WHAT and perhaps WHERE they are
filming in New Zealand at the moment! Update: A little more info on a
possible filming location in Wellington.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1020789963]

TTT: Towers Info YOU MUST HAVE!!
Criz sends us this VERY interesting piece of info, take a look at all the
dates planned for TTT promo goodies! Trailers, posters, and so much more!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1020789646]

Live In Wellington? Want To Meet Dan Hennah?
From: The CWTW folks: 'Con with the Wind' (gotta love that title -Xo) is a 4
day Science Fiction Convention. One of our guests is Dan Hennah, Art
Director on Lord of the Rings. He is doing a presentation on development of
some of the sets from artistic drawing to the reality we have enjoyed on the
screen. Also other guests from the film include people from Weta.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1020788596]

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

COMING SOON:

- May 14th Cate Blanchett (Galadriel)'s Birthday
- May 15th The Hugo Weaving Films 'The Matrix' 2&3 teasers will appear on
'Entertainment Tonight'
- May 16th Christopher Lee (Saruman) Marton Csokas (Celeborn) film 'Star
Wars: Episode 2: Attack of the Clones' is released

!Ask Christopher Lee!

Want to ask Christopher Lee (Saruman) a question?! Now is your chance!
Christopher Lee has agreed to answer 20 or so of YOUR questions online!

Simply send an email to xoanon@theonering.net (subject Chris_Lee_Qs) and we
will be choosing the best out of the group to pass on to the man himself!!

Pre-Order FOTR TODAY!

It looks like everyone is jumping into the mix with DVD pre-orders. We will
be updating this list as it grows. Here is where you can pick up the Region
1 and 2 DVD and VHS version of Fellowship of the Ring:
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018285259]

ps - All of these links will allow for a percentage of your purchase to be
contributed to TheOneRing.net. So thanks ahead of time!

The Hall Of Fire Chatroom

BarliBash 2002... SEATTLE!!

Well, folks, the votes are in and tallied. Come July 24th-28th, Ringers
shall descend upon Seattle, Washington like some sort of geeky plague!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/5/1010538929]

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html]

TheOneRing.net Two Towers Teaser Tournament !!ENDING SOON!!

The what? A contest silly! The Two Towers Teaser Tournament is your chance
to design and submit your very own Two Towers Theatrical poster and win
AMAZING prizes. First place winner will get a Sam & Bill the Pony
Sideshow/Weta Figure AND a signed Ted Nasmith poster!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018506685]

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Enjoy the many new -Green Books- articles for April. Anwyn’s Counterpoint
recalls the amazing TORN Oscar Party. Is the movie phenomenon causing a rift
among Tolkien fans? Enjoy a ton of stuff in Tookish’s Ticklers humor
section. Moon Letters is blazing with new Tolkien-inspired poems and
stories. We have 20 brilliant new Questions & Answers. Be sure to browse our
Most Frequently Asked Questions. Our new Special Guests include a fantastic
look at Tolkien’s experiences during World War I, and the absolute final
word on the Balrog wings debate! Come join the most spirited fan forum in
the world as we explore the WORDS and WORLDS of Tolkien.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718