[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (18/02/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 00:42:35 -0500

ADVERTISE WITH THEONERING.NET

[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html] SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS

TORN #116

Monday February 18th, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Weekend Round Up
Miss all the news this weekend? Fear not! We have all the news in one space
for you to enjoy!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1014009925]

Live In Sydney? Wanna Meet Jim Rygiel?
endorwitch sends in word on where, when and how you can meet special effects
supervisor Jim Rygiel next week in Sydney!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1014003625]

TTT: PJ Makes A Noise! -UPDATED-
Ringer Spy Basil sends us these pics from the cricket match that will
eventually be used in TTT as battle noises! Take a listen...er...look!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1013896664]

TTT: Frodo & Sam In Emyn Muir?
This flashback goes all the way to some of our earliest images ever posted
in our scrapbook.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1013802411]

TTT: Action Figures & More
Joeva writes: E! News, today, did a piece on the upcoming action figures for
the TT and they looked awesome. !Spoilers!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1013795673]

PJ, Walsh And Boyens In LA Monday!
arien sends this in: Don't miss the opportunity to meet director, writer and
producer Peter Jackson; writer and producer Fran Walsh; co-writer Philippa
Boyens and actor Sean Astin
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1013718547]

Academy Awards Helps FOTR To 26% Increase
BW writes: Just to say that Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring,
has made another increase on its daily box office.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1013718033]

Toy Fair 2002: LOTR Plaques
At Toy Fair 2002 in New York, Sideshow/Weta Collectibles are introducing a
line of LOTR plaques capturing scenes from Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of
the Ring. They have posted images of two of the plaques: Ringwraith and the
Hobbits; Gandalf facing the Balrog.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1013702020]

Ian McKellen To Host SNL
Hunter sends along the great news that Ian McKellen (Gandalf) will be
hosting 'Saturday Night Live' on March 23rd, one day before the Oscars. Way
to go Ian!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1013621095]

Toy Fair 2002: Sideshow/Weta Booth - Cave Troll
Sideshow/Weta Collectibles, continues their Toy Fair 2002 coverage with a
360 degree look at the soon to be released, Cave Troll figure. They have
also posted some images of the Sideshow/Weta booth at Toy Fair 2002. [More]
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1013577782]

TTT: So Just WHO Get's Killed On A Spike?
Matt writes: I live in the UK and have just been watching the program
'Johnny Vaughan Tonight', which happened to have Ian McKellen on.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1013572178]

TTT: Lee Talks McKellen, TTT 'Pick Ups'
Pallando sends us this bit of information from UK's Channel 4 website,
Christopher Lee has been talking Star Wars: Ep 2 and TTT.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1013566828]

13 Oscar Nominations!!
The Oscar Nominations have been announced, LOTR:FOTR has 13!!!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1013521450]

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

COMING SOON:

- February 22nd: The Bruce Spence (Mouth of Sauron) film 'Queen of the
Damned' is released in the US

- February 23rd: Peter Jackson plus others will be on Miles O'Brien at 8am
EST on CNN

- February 24th: BAFTA winners announced, LOTR:FOTR has 12 nominations

- February 25th: Sean Astin (Sam) birthday

The Hall Of Fire Chatroom

BarliBash 2002... SEATTLE!!

Well, folks, the votes are in and tallied. Come July 24th-28th, Ringers
shall descend upon Seattle, Washington like some sort of geeky plague!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/5/1010538929]

Special TORN Only Offer!

>From the folks at: www.badalijewelry.com We are going to be having a sale on
The One RingTM during the month of February. This sale will be offered
exclusively through TheOneRing.net
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1012167525]

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html]

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Barlimans is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Green Books closes the cover on 2001 with a special edition: a complete set
of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring movie reviews. And
finally two new Special Guests bring us splendid insights: Kevin Black’s
"Spiritual Lessons in LOTR" and Jody Bower’s "Archetypal Hero’s Journey."
January will have new Q & A and a huge update to the fan fiction of Moon
Letters! On behalf of all our hard-working Staff I say thank you all for
your good faith and readership. We will continue to explore the WORDS and
WORLDS of J.R.R. Tolkien if you but grace us with your mouse. May the New
Year find you content, well-fed, and safe.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Tolkien community never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

Our Tolkien Fan section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

Shop.theonering.net is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718