[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (09/12/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 22:57:16 -0500

!!!!ONE PARTY TO RULE THEM ALL 2003!!!!!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)

TORN #155

Monday December 9th, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

The FINAL Final TTT Poster!
USA Today Weekend gave us a very *very* small look at the final TTT Poster!
They will be publishing the full version in next weekends edition! Stay
tuned for that!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1039404295

Cinefex Reveals Gollum
Gregg Shay writes: Below is information on the upcoming Cinefex, devoted
largely to The Two Towers, which we think might be of interest to you and
your website readers.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1039397329

TTT NYC After Party Report With Pictures!
Elbereth writes: The setting was awesome. It was in the exhibit halls of the
New York Public Library, which were dimly and intimately lit. They were
expecting 1200 people, but because of the snowstorm, I'd say there were only
about 400 people there at any given time.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1039278101

TTT Reviews Galore!
Wow did you guys also find it hard to keep up with all the Two
Towers-reviews floating in over the past week or so? Well we here at TORn
certainly did so we decided to get them all together in one newsstory so you
can take your time and browse through them all! But beware: ALL THE SPOILERS
YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1039152791

RingCon 2003 is a Go!
This week it was confirmed that there will be a RingCon 2003! This years
RingCon (two weeks ago) was a great event for LOTR-fans and the 2003 edition
will, no doubt, be even better! The date has been set for the weekend of
November 14th and the location is once again the Maritim Hotel in Bonn!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1039127598

Video Clips Galore
Ringer Spy Peter has done a great job of digitizing a clip of PJ's
appearance on the Today programme - as well as three clips of interest from
the WB's "Return To Middle Earth".
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1039110077

Treebeard With Merry & Pippin!
Take a look at this great picture..or poster..or xmas card..not too sure
what of Treebeard with Merry and Pippin riding him! Take a look!
!!!Spoilers!!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1039102435

Halloween Contest 2002 Winners!
It seems clichéd at this point to say this Halloween Contest 2002 was nearly
impossible to judge. You would not believe the shear immensity and, more
importantly, the quality of the entries we received. So many people spent
countless hours preparing some of the most amazing costumes we have ever
seen! Please know that we recognized your hard work and it pains us to only
have to choose 3!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1039075952

The Viggo Flap
Viggo Mortensen certainly got what he wished for, people talking politics
and war as opposed to his role in TTT, this from his visit to the Charlie
Rose show last night. TORN fans have certainly been vocal, both pro and con
Viggo in regards to his statements last night.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1039054281

USA Two Towers Programming
This post from Xenu's Sister from usenet group rec.arts.books.tolkien may be
very useful for people in the USA - it's a near comprehensive listing of all
tolkien/lotr-related TV shows for the next two weeks. It may not be
complete, but there's a lot of stuff here.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1039036043

Toy Biz Treebeard Sounds!
Want to get a listen to what Treebeard just might sound like? Calisuri has
taken the sounds from the Treebeard action figure and made a few MP3s for
everyone to enjoy.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038854291

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon

- TheOneRing.net sat down with Billy Boyd while he was in the big apple, see
what the young Scotsman has to say!
- Xoanon recently chatted with Ian McKellen while on the set of 'X2', hear
what he tells us about his latest project!

TV Listings

Here is a list of all TTT TV Related information, as always it is best to
check your local listings for exact date and times

December 5 7:00pm (repeated 7 hours later) French & Saunders The Lord of the
Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring on 'BBCAmerica'
December 8 - 6:00pm (also various repeats) Bravo Profiles Cate Blanchett on
'Bravo'
December 8 - 7:00pm (also various repeats) James Lipton's Inside the Actors
Studio with Ian McKellen on 'Bravo'
December 9 - 7:00pm (also various repeats) From Page to Screen The Lord of
the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring on 'Bravo'
December 9 - 8:00pm (also various repeats)Movie House The Two Towers on
'MTV'
December 9 - 8:30pm (also various repeats) Making the Video Game: Lord of
the Rings on 'MTV
December 11 - 10:45pm (also various repeats) On the Set The Two Towers on
'Starz'
December 12 - 7:00am ELijah Wood (Frodo) on Today on 'NBC'
December 13 - 8:00am Elijah Wood (Frodo) on Regis & Kelly 'ABC'

!!!!One Party to Rule Them All 2003!!!!

We recently made a very special announcement exclusively at DragonCon 2002.
TheOneRing.net will once again be hosting the 'One Party to Rule Them All'
on March 23rd (Oscar Night) in Hollywood, CA. The party will prove to be two
times more fun and exciting then the last. Stay tuned for further details!

FOTR: Special Edition DVD Review!!!

Xoanon recently returned from the marathon screening of FOTR:SE at New
Line`s intimate screening room in West Hollywood, California. The screening
was attended by a few website folks and DVD aficionados. Keith Stern from
McKellen.com was in attendance as well, Gordon Paddison and Wendy Rutherford
also attended
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1034494568

Order The !EXTENDED! FOTR DVD TODAY!

The time has arrived! You can purchase the 208 minute version of Fellowship
of the Ring! Choose from either the standard 4 disc set, or the super cool
Collector's Edition Gift Set, which features figures from Sideshow/Weta and
an expanded National Geographic DVD.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1023420947

ps - All of these links will allow for a percentage of your purchase to be
contributed to TheOneRing.net. So thanks ahead of time!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Green Books brings you a spooky bag of treats (or tricks!) for the end of
October! Quickbeam goes Out on a Limb and practically down on his knees
begging Peter Jackson not to make him wait any longer for The Two Towers!
Anwyn’s Counterpoint reviews a new book, Tolkien’s Sanctifying Myth, and
interviews its author, Dr. Brad Birzer. Turgon shows us two new gems on his
Bookshelf, including Bilbo’s Last Song and the 2003 Ted Nasmith Tolkien
Calendar. Turgon also brings us a Special Guest item featuring a Q&A with
noted Tolkien scholar Verlyn Flieger, author of Splintered Light: Logos and
Language in Tolkien’s World.  Moon Letters offers many new and splendid
items of fan poetry and creative writing.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of over 20 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from
Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718