[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (2/12/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 00:18:39 -0500

!!!!ONE PARTY TO RULE THEM ALL 2003!!!!!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)

TORN #155

Monday December 2nd, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Weekend Round Up
Missed all the news this weekend? Well here's your chance to catch up! All
the news from Saturday and Sunday, in one place! Take a look!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038805668

Topps TTT Card Collection
Ringer Spy Trueogre sends along these great scans from the entire collection
of Topps trading cards! Take a look! !!!MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038794800

Second TTT US TV Spot
Ringer Spy Peter has sent in a Quicktime encode of the US TV spot that
complements the one we posted last night. Whilst there is no new footage
(all shots are taken from the most recent theatrical trailer) - it does
concentrate on the various CGI/effects shots, and is worth a look if you
want maximum hype-exposure. Here be Spoilers!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038710554

First Two Towers Commercial Is Available!
Those who missed seeing the Two Towers commercial on TV might like to grab
this video copy from TheArgonath. It's not the greatest quality, but better
than nothing. We have also mirrored it on our super-fast link for everyone.
Thanks to Fraggle for the link. Here be Spoilers!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038626762

Plot Of The First 10 Minutes Of TTT!
Our Spanish-language community member Elfenomeno.com has an amazing scoop -
an anonymous spy report detailing the first 10 minutes of the Two Towers
scene by scene. [More]. There is but one catch - the original article is in
Spanish (and perhaps already translated from English). Earlier, we had a
hasty Babelfish translation, but we know offer an improved translation
courtesy of our hordes of multilingual ringer spies. Thank you to all of
you! !!!HUGE SPOILERS!!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038622898

Some More RingCon Reports!
Apparently RingCon is one of these events people keep talking about for
weeks and weeks (or is that just me?) Anyway, Ringer Spy Irascian wrote up
his fourth and final report: Warner Brothers to license RingCon convention,
Haldir and Gil-galad reenact Aragorn and Arwen’s love scene at Rivendell…
and a wraith proposes marriage to a girl in the audience!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038609028

NZ News: Hobbiton Set open to Tourists
The farmer who owns the land where Hobbiton was filmed has finally opened it
up to tourists, and already it's very a popular attraction.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038607792

The Final Theatrical Poster for TTT!!!
The official site is going crazy today with updates! Check out the NEW, yes
NEW, final, Two Towers Poster! There seem to be two subtly different
versions of the new poster - [More] and [More]. The official site (complete
with new wallpaper) can be found.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038355817

Amazing Sunday Times Poster!
On November 24th, The Sunday Times (of London) published an awesome poster
as part of its competition for UK readers. Now Ringer Spy Bellerophon has
provided us a fantastic giant-sized scan of this poster. And, at just 768KB,
it's well worth your time to download - it shows the costumes of Eowyn and
Theoden in astounding detail. Enjoy!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038280080

Join TORn for an Exclusive Gaming Opportunity!
Join TheOneRing.net and Black Label Games on December 21st for a FREE day of
Middle-earth Gaming! Black Label Games has been kind enough to offer a place
for fans from TheOneRing.net to come and take a sneak peak at the upcoming
Gaming Titles that we can't even name yet! Be the first to see this
exclusive info and enjoy demonstrations of the Lord of the Rings Trading
Card Game and the Lord of the Rings Tabletop Battle Game! Best of all its
absolutely free!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038269500

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon

- TheOneRing.net sat down with Billy Boyd while he was in the big apple, see
what the young Scotsman has to say!
- Xoanon recently chatted with Ian McKellen while on the set of 'X2', hear
what he tells us about his latest project!

!!!!One Party to Rule Them All 2003!!!!

We recently made a very special announcement exclusively at DragonCon 2002.
TheOneRing.net will once again be hosting the 'One Party to Rule Them All'
on March 23rd (Oscar Night) in Hollywood, CA. The party will prove to be two
times more fun and exciting then the last. Stay tuned for further details!

Order The !EXTENDED! FOTR DVD TODAY!

The time has arrived! You can purchase the 208 minute version of Fellowship
of the Ring! Choose from either the standard 4 disc set, or the super cool
Collector's Edition Gift Set, which features figures from Sideshow/Weta and
an expanded National Geographic DVD.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1023420947

ps - All of these links will allow for a percentage of your purchase to be
contributed to TheOneRing.net. So thanks ahead of time!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

While you're enjoying that leftover turkey and pumpkin pie this weekend,
feast your Tolkien senses on the Green Books update, including Fourteen new
Q&A. Quickbeam goes Out on a Limb to summon the ghost of J.R.R. Tolkien --
just to ask one special burning question! Anwyn takes her Counterpoint to a
whole new level of confrontation when she squares off with an old friend who
despises Tolkien's writing style! Moon Letters has nine terrific items of
fan writing! The countdown is on. In December, like everybody else in the
Tolkien world, the Green Books staffers will bring you their reviews of TTT,
but for now enjoy our Turkey Day offering of questions, answers and fun.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of over 20 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from
Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718