[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (15/03/01)

Xoanon xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:41:34 -0500

V1 #75

Thursday March 15, 2001

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Wanna hear more about Sauron??? It seems more and more
certain that we WILL see Sauron in the movies, according to
this report from an extra who was THERE.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/984613907]

Holm Confirms 'old and young Bilbo': Ian Holm (Bilbo) has
spoken a bit about LOTR in the latest issue of 'Total Film'
Magazine. He mentions that he wears both young and old
makeup for Bilbo, perhaps we'll be seeing some flashbacks?
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/984403126]

John Howe talks LOTR! The latest issue of SFX Magazine
holds an interview with conceptual artist and worldfamous
Tolkien illustrator John Howe...
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/984391312]

Another person who saw the LOTR 8-minute trailer! We got a
report from somebody who's seen one of the longer LOTR
promotional trailers recently.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/984342938]

New Legolas desktop picture: Thanks to those of you who
wrote in with the link to the new BIG picture of Legolas in the
official site.
[http://www.theonering.net/movie/scrapbook/large/977]

Moviephone Contest, only for US Residents: After some
reading I can give you some good news and some bad news.
Good News: Approximate retail value (ARV) of the tickets is
$800. Winner and guest will stay at Le Meridian Garden hotel
in Cannes for 3 nights.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/984199080]

Another teaser poster? Garth from over at DarkHorizons reports
that there are two teaser posters for Lord of the Rings instead of
just one! The second poster also shows Elijah Wood (Frodo)
staring at the ring, but with his head a little bit more towards the
Ring, very cool!
[http://www.darkhorizons.com/news9/lordp2.jpg]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Barlimans is more than a place to get your mead! There
is the Fun Section, Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and
of course the gateway to our ever famous MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

The super-cool new Green Books has updated for March.
Quickbeam goes 'Out on a Limb' and reveals the TRUE lead
character of LOTR, and you may be surprised it's not Frodo!
Read up on 15 new 'Questions & Answers'-- Tookish has
fresh Ticklers-- and a secret Special Guest writes 'In Arwen's
Defense.'  You could be our next Guest, so check it out.  Come
explore the Words and Worlds of Tolkien with us!
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) The Lord of the Rings
Director's very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man,
the myth, the bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The
Bastards Have Landed' is the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Tolkien community never looked so good! Come and check out
our listing of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got
everything from Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth
image ever created, to our FX section, devoted to the magic of motion
picture special effects. As well as a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

Our Tolkien Fan section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and
TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

Shop.theonering.net is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking
on over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

Please send in your questions and topic ideas
for future chats to tookish@theonering.net.

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina
Xoanon - Editor in Chief
http://theonering.net - 514.947.5221