[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (01/02/01)

Xoanon xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:56:20 -0800

V1 #72

Thursday February 1, 2001

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Frame by Frame Update: Thanks to the help of many
fans and Ringer Staff members, the frame by frame has
been updated. Check out 52 new, high quality images
from the trailer and an overhauled analysis of each scene.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/980957932]

TV3 talks to Peter Jackson: New Zealand's TV3 scored
an interview with Director Peter Jackson, who talks about
 his feelings at this stage of the production. There's a little
video clip where you can hear him speak and see highlights
from the trailer too.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/980933605]

GAMING: Games Workshop to make tabletop LOTR war
game: Games Workshop have seemingly secured the rights
for producing a game based on LOTR.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/980872185]

LOTR Theme Park in NZ? Ringer Spy Silmarien sends in
word from a NZ Listener article about a possible LOTR
theme park in Wellington, I wonder if there will be height
restrictions for the hobbits...
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/980871918]

New images on AOL site: "AOL has put Frodo front and
center as today's featured "AOL ad subscribers pay $20 a
month to see". The campaign, which will probably last only
a day, has about 10 clickable photos, including some I haven't
seen
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/980646616]

They're searching for the Hobbit! They've done it! Assassinfilms'
'Searching for the Hobbit' website is fully online. Looking for
something entirely different?
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/980565271]

In Depth Mike Deluca Interview: The folks at Fade In Magazine
really went full tilt on this amazing interview with former head of
production at New Line, Mike Deluca.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/980488820]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Barlimans is more than a place to get your mead! There
is the Fun Section, Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and
of course the gateway to our ever famous MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

Boy, how things change.  The all-new Green Books section has
been MAJORLY redesigned with new graphics, navigation tools,
and even new Staff!  Ostadan explains in detail the magic of Tolkien's
 runes while editor Tookish opens up a marvelous Humor section.
Returning favorite Quickbeam spins on the best LOTR board games
while Turgon shows you high-tech Tolkien publications.  Next month
we will have a new Special Guest, more Moon Letters, and yikes!
I'm out of room!!
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) The Lord of the Rings
Director's very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man,
the myth, the bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The
Bastards Have Landed' is the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Tolkien community never looked so good! Come and check out
our listing of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got
everything from Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth
image ever created, to our FX section, devoted to the magic of motion
 picture special effects. As well as a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

Our Tolkien Fan section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

Shop.theonering.net is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking
on over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net
514.947.5221