[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (15/12/01)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:58:25 -0500

TORN #108

Thursday December 15, 2001

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

A Night To Remember
Pippin Skywalker writes: Hullo all my dear hobbitlings! I have as yet
another tale with which to enrich your imaginations and lighten your hearts.
This is of course a detailed account of my time at the Premiere of all
Premieres…the Premiere to rule them all!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1008440801]

EW: LOTR Is Best Of 2001
Hunter writes: I Just received my new Entertainment Weekly - its their
holiday double issue. LOTR is their pick for best film of 2001. It's a
separate list for both critics - the other has Memento.

Line Parties Reach Over 3,500 Members!
Line Party maestro Tinuviel chimed in to say that our line parties now have
over 3,500 members and consists of over 400 lines! Six days to go
guys.....six days to go!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1008272261]

Volunteer Service Abroad Auction
Jeremy Rose writes: Al at scoop told me to get in touch about a fundraising
auction of a copy of the Lord of the Rings signed by Peter Jackson and
containing an original pencil sketch by Alan Lee.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1008218823]

Wanna Watch LOTR With Ian McKellen?
Lowes: We are especially excited to offer you the chance to be the first to
see The Lord of the Rings at an exclusive advance presentation hosted by
Gandalf himself, Sir Ian McKellen.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1008204273]

'Lord of the Rings' Opens at Glitzy London Premiere
The epic "Lord of the Rings" film was launched at a glitzy world premiere
Monday with critics already hailing the mammoth fantasy as a masterpiece.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1008021626]

First Nominations For LOTR:FOTR
The first film in a three-part fantasy drama, "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship
of the Ring," had three awards, including a special achievement honor for
director Peter Jackson and a production design award.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1007651984]

Newsweek heaps praise on Jackson: Film director Peter Jackson can breathe
easy for now - the first review of The Fellowship Of The Ring is out and
it's enough to make us all wish we had big hairy hobbit feet.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1007355439]

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

LOTR Cast Makes The TV Rounds:

The LOTR Cast have been making the rounds on American and UK TV promoting
LOTR, we've got quite a lot of pics for you to enjoy!

Elijah Wood on David Letterman:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1008136259
Elijah Wood on Conan O'Brien:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1008304887
Elijah Wood on Today: http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1008224603
Elijah Wood on Regis & Kelly:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1008224603
Elijah Wood on The Big Breakfast:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1008354218
Liv Tyler on David Letterman:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1008311180
Liv Tyler on Regis & Kelly:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1008356350
Sean Astin on Rosie O'Donnell:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1008386762
John Rhys-Davies on Mike Bullard:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1008398915
Peter Jackson on Mike Bullard:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1008400530
Liv Tyler and Orlando Bloom on The Big Breakfast:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1008008158
Christopher Lee on The Big Breakfast:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1008084139
Sean Bean on The Big Breakfast:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1008164678
Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd on The Big Breakfast:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1008284840
LOTR Cast on MTV: http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1008388025

THE LINE STARTS HERE!

The time is drawing near. The anticipation is growing. Are you doing
something special for the release of the films? Don't know yet? Well, join
up with your local fans and start a TheOneRing.net Local Line Party!
TheOneRing.net is proud to provide fans from all over the world the webspace
to organize, plan and meet Tolkien fans in your area before the release of
Fellowship of the Ring. Use the form below to start your adventure!
[http://www.theonering.net/movie/lineparty/]

The Hall Of Fire Chatroom

Hall of Fire Chats for December 15th & 16th

So we're finally here....a little under three years of waiting, reading
casting rumors, more waiting, watching the original teaser trailer with joy,
a little bit of waiting, hungrily gulping down any photos from the
production, going nuts over the trailers, more waiting, reading about the
Cannes footage, a summer break, then trailers, commercials, soundtracks and
more. After all this, it's finally here. The first installment of the Lord
of the Rings Trilogy, the Fellowship of the Ring. This weekend, the Hall of
Fire crew invite you to come visit us as the minutes tick away from
Wednesday the 19th as we look at:

An overview of the Fellowship of the Ring

Place:
#thehalloffire on theonering.net server; come to theonering.net’s chat room
Barliman's and then type /join #thehalloffire .

Saturday Chat: 7:00 pm ET (19:00) [also 12:00 am Sunday (01:00) CET and
10:00 am Sunday (10:00) AET]
Sunday Chat: 5:00 pm (17:00) AET [also 07:00 am (08:00) CET and 2:00 am
(02:00) ET]
Sunday Chat: 7:00 pm (19:00) CET [also 1:00 pm (13:00) ET and 4:00 am
(04:00) Monday morning AET]

ET = Eastern Time, USA’s East Coast
CET = Central European Time, Central Europe
AET = Australian Eastern Time, Australia’s East Coast
[http://www.theonering.net/barlimans/index.html]

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Shop 'til You Drop!

If you are avoiding the crowds and making purchases online his holiday
season, please consider starting first at TheOneRing Shop. Through your
affiliations with online stores like Amazon.com and Allposters.com, you will
be able to help support TheOneRing.net while you are purchasing your loved
ones holiday gifts! To purchase specific items, please just follow the links
in our shop. If you are buying something non-LOTR related, simply click into
our shop and click on one of the affiliate buttons. Thanks for your support!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1006541099]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Barlimans is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Green Turkey? No, Green Books! The table is set for a wonderful leftover
Thanksgiving feast over in Green Books: Anwyn’s Counterpoint, Turgon’s
Bookshelf, Our new Special Guest remembers Mythcon 32 and an up-close
encounter with LOTR screenwriter Philippa Boyens!  Guy Davenport (Geography
of the Imagination, Da Vinci’s Bicycle) pays Tribute to JRRT. Moon Letters
has excellent new Fan Fiction and Poems. Keep sending your best, and we will
showcase it here. Stuff yourself silly on 19 fantastic new Questions &
Answers!
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Tolkien community never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

Our Tolkien Fan section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

Shop.theonering.net is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161