[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 3/30/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:47:40 -0500

--------------F67BBF01D76516C721FE549F

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #36

Thursday March 30, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Super spy Eowyn reports from her search for
Rivendell: Eowyn didn't get into Rivendell but
she saw a bit of it nevertheless, and found out
some more locations along the way. [More]

Lotho Cast? Rumors have been flying around
that Paul Setura (The Brady Bunch Movie) may
be cast as Lotho [More]

Faramir Cast? Internet rumors abound this
weekend concerning Aussie actor David
Wenham. Wenham (Russian Doll, A Little
Bit of Soul, Dark city) has been rumored to
play Faramir, brother of fallen hero Boromir
and younger son of Denethor, Steward of
Gondor. [More]

Leo Scours the Sets.. Super Ringer Spy Leo
is a busy boy...after trekking through most of
civilized New Zealand he's set up shop at his
computer and nearly burned out his scanner
getting us these pics! Enjoy! (Spoilers) [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out this week news about WON.net will be providing a
massively multiplayer online game.

Green Books Deluge!  A huge update for March has
taken place at the GB: including an intense new
Counterpoint by Anwyn, sixteen new Q&A articles,
and a splendid continuance of Shaun Spain's "On The
Tolkien Trail" with lots of photos.  Don't forget to take
"The Tolkien Geek Test" over in Moon Letters!

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

Gandalf the Grey has penned another Hall of Fire topic
for me to share with you. If you missed Part I, have heart:

Istari Part II: Radagast and the Ithryn Luin -- the Blue Wizards

Much is known of Gandalf and Saruman, but what of the
other three of the Order? How much is known about
Radahast the Brown, and what happened to him after
the War of the Ring? Did he go back into the west as
Gandalf did, or did he suffer a different outcome?

And what of the two blue wizards, Alatar and Pallando?
What is their fate? What were they sent to do in
Middle-earth? It is said they went to the east; what was
their mission exactly?

Bring your own questions and answers, and join me and
Tookish on Saturday, April 1, at 5:30 EST. [More]

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------F67BBF01D76516C721FE549F--