[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 15/06/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:18:10 -0400

--------------CA3FAA087DF206843DCE6F23

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #47

Thursday June 15, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

'The Licensing Show' Pics!  These pics originally
popped online at my good buddy Garth's 'Dark Horizons'
website. Thanks to Ringer Spy Sadogoat we've managed
to get our hands on some larger versions! [More]

Wanna See HOBBITON and BILBO BAGGINS!! Super
Ringer Spy JVC and his evil overload boss Ciggy show
us a little more of Peter Jackson's LOTR!! [More]

Marvel Gets LOTR Action Figures! -UPDATED- In
what could be a big boost for financially recuperating
Marvel Enterprises, its Toy Biz unit has been awarded
the master toy license for New Line's upcoming Lord of
the Rings films, the Wall Street Journal reported today
(Friday). [More]

Woman's Day Pics! Remember those grainy pics from
'Woman's Day' Magazine that turned up online a few
weeks ago? Well we've now got the originals and they
are MUCH bigger and brighter! Click on! [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for gaming news.

There's a big May update at Green Books!  Turgon commits
"Literary Sacrilege" by endorsing the infamous Bored of the
Rings parody on his Bookshelf!  Anwyn has a thought
provoking new Counterpoint.  Our most popular feature, the
Questions & Answers, continues to explode: there are 28 new
articles that reveal Tolkien's most difficult secrets.  Lots of
new Moon Letters too...  Join us at Green Books as we
explore the words and world of Tolkien.

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

Tolkien Questions and Answers, Part II

The Hall of Fire is ready for another chat event, this time a
continuation of one from many moons ago. Do you have
unanswered questions pertaining to Tolkien and Middle-earth?
They might be about characters, plot complexities, Middle-earth
history, or about the Professor himself.

What's an ent? Who was Tom Bombadil? What happened to
the rings of the Seven Dwarf Kings? Why did Tolkien have
a thing for spiders? Who were his peers?

Questions like these will be answered to the best of our ability,
so join your Hall of Fire moderators and regulars on Saturday,
June 17, at 5:30 EDT, to put your mind at ease. ; )

Place: #thehalloffire on our server, theonering.net....accessible
through your own chat client or our site's java page

TheOneRing.net is Going to Dragon*Con!!!

That's right! If you missed seeing our exclusive pix of the movie
production that were shown at ImagineCon and Cond'Or, here's
another chance! TheOneRing.net will be presenting a session or
three at Dragon*con 2000 in Atlanta GA June 29 - July 2. Our
sessions include "Tolkien and the Web," "Secrets Revealed,"
and also a couple of "Tolkien Trivia Contests." We are always
in search of fresh trivia, especially now. If you have a great
question, please check Barliman's page here for more info on
categories and how to submit.

We are happy to be part of America's largest fan run sci-fi/fantasy
con and TheOneRing.net will be there in force... Calisuri, Corvar,
and myself have all made plans, as well as at least one Barliman's
regular. If you are close by, check the convention out. It promises
to be unlike anything you've ever attended before!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------CA3FAA087DF206843DCE6F23--