[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 27/4/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:36:09 -0400

--------------59D4B1D8C10A4BF4FA095AD7

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #40

Thursday April 27, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Stunt Man Speaks: BBC World Service had a feature on
risk taking in one of their segments rebroadcast by
Australia's ABC News Radio. In the course of the
program they interviewed a stuntman, Kieron Shah.
[More]

Last Alliance Set Report: Tehanu and Thorongil have
sent in a wonderful set report. Check out this latest
article in the NZ Exclusives section. (Spoilers) [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for news.

At last, our leafy Quickbeam has a new feature!  Go "Out on
a Limb" and learn why Tolkien fans are the most NUTS of
all...  Anwyn's new "Counterpoint" feature is smart and
compelling.  We also have 16 *brand new* Questions &
Answers; and many new pieces of Fan Fiction in "Moon
Letters."  After you've seen that amazing online preview,
come to Green Books and dig a little deeper into Tolkien's
world.

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

Time for another Hall of Fire topic! This topic's had a good
work out since the New Line release, but we have yet to
gather in the Hall and work it through. Come on down and
bring your opinions for a fun chat this Saturday, April 29,
at 5:30 EST [-5 hours GMT].

The Lord of the Rings Internet Preview

Simply put, whatdya think?? Were you happy with what
you saw in the preview trailer? Do you have a favorite
scene, or one that really hurt? Are you happy or
disappointed by anything in particular? Based on the
preview and what you know about the films so far,
what do you think of the job Peter Jackson is doing?

Your moderators Gandalf, Nazfyratu, and Tookish will
have the doors open and the fire stoked. We look forward
to seeing you there! As always, please send along your
emails with comments, feedback, and future chat topics to
us here.

The place: The Hall of Fire; connect to Barliman's and
type /join #thehalloffire
Your hosts: Gandalf, Nazfyratu, and Tookish
The time: Saturday, April 29, 5:30 EST (-5 hours GMT)
[More]

Images and Reports from ImagineCon!

Calisuri and Corvar have completed their stint at ImagineCon,
they had a blast and snapped about 80 photos for your viewing
pleasure!

Day One Report
Day Two Report
Day Three and Four Report

Next Live chat Event

Thursday, April 27  at 8 PM EST will mark our next 'TheOneRing.net
Live Net Event' with Cinescape Magazine Editor in Chief
Steve Hockensmith!

Ask him your movie, magazine or publishing questions! What
does he have planed as far as LOTR coverage? Be at
Barliman's on April 27th! More news to come!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------59D4B1D8C10A4BF4FA095AD7--