[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 12/12/99

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.net
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 12:55:14 -0500

--------------7F10740CDB2092C1FCBDBB0C

--------------8974B6F21339550FF84128A9

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #22

Sunday December 12, 1999

What a week it was! From small rumblings about the
Official Site to those amazing Liv Tyler/Arwen pics,
we here at TheOneRing.net have been extremely busy
getting you the best news and reports first and fast!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

AMAZING SET PICS!! Super Ringer Spy Steve D
Found a couple of shots from the Ford scene featuring
Arwen and the nazgul. They are from aussie Woman's
Day mag (Dec 13 issue). Check it out in The Spy
Reports (Spoilers)

Hear More of Gollums Voice! Ok, so it's not Andy Serkis
doing Gollum yet, rather his voice from ITV's 'Oliver
Twist', now on TV in the UK. But when you hear him say '
habits' I'm drooling....it's as close to 'Hobitssss' as I can tell!

Exclusive Spy Interview! The head of our Special Effects
Section Amyd had the opportunity to speak with a Ringer
Spy who managed to lay his cones and rods on some
SwordFighting, Blue/Green Screen CGI and Camerawork!
Check it all out in The Spy Reports! (Spoilers)

More Hobbiton Pics! Super Ringer Spy Anono Mouse
sends in these great pics from the Hobbiton Set, taken from
the sky, they show the amazing vistas and surrounding hills
in and around Hobbiton! Check them out in The Spy Reports.
(Spoilers)

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. check it out
this week for some reviews, as well as the latest on Witch
Craft III.

GreenBooks section is always packed full of interesting
essays and articles, as well as fan submissions and reviews.
It was completely updated this week! chalk full of news and
wondrous things for you to enjoy!

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. The latest is an amazing entry in the Board of Bastards
section, are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Tehanu's trip down and around the south of NZ has proven to
be very fruitful. Here is her report for you, this is a mailing
list Ringer exclusive! We have yet to post this on the site. So
it is all new! enjoy!

                    Hi guys,

                    We started our adventures by
                    climbing to Mt. Owen, in the
                    top of the South Island. It only
                    took about two days to get
                    to where we could see the Owen
                    massif peaks all around us,
                    covered in golden tussock.
                    Fantastic views. Nice to know
                    that PJ and the crew got up here
                    by helicopter in about ten
                    minutes. Later down closer to
                    sea level we recovered from
                    our walk at the Kohatu Tavern.
                    The locals said that the
                    film crew had been helicoptering
                    in and around those peaks
                    for a few weeks up until three
                    weeks before. They filmed in
                    a cave, we were told. We'd seen
                    plenty of caves but none
                    that you could get to without
                    abseiling.
                    One girl at the pub said she'd
                    seen Peter Jackson.

                    "Where?"

                    "Over by my Nanna's place."

                    Right. As though I was going to
                    know.
                    "Where's that?" I asked

                    "By the Tapawera campground."

                    Later we drove on round to
                    Murchison on the other side of
                    Mt. Owen. At the cafe they
                    reckoned that people further up
                    the Matriri valley had seen big
                    lights up around Mt. Owen
                    as well.

                    I had photos of those peaks -
                    not going to do all that
                    walking for nothing - but won't
                    be near a scanner for
                    weeks. Meanwhile, imagine a
                    landscape of fantastic twisted
                    silvery marble peaks sheltering
                    a high rolling basin of
                    golden tussock dotted with tiny
                    tarns reflecting the sky.
                    Below us, clouds churned and
                    boiled as though held back
                    from us by a spell.

                    No clues on WHAT was being
                    filmed there, something with
                    caves, that gives about three
                    options, so you can make up
                    your own minds when we post
                    these photos.

                    Tehanu

The long awaited chat with fantasy writer Tad Williams will
be held up for another little while, don't blame me, blame
nature. Tad's wife gave birth to a beautiful Williams Jr. 2
days before our scheduled chat, so he's busy changing
diapers at the moment.

Also in the new year you can look foreword to chats with
Red/Green/Blue Mars writer Kim Stanley Robinson as
well as The Eagles Brood writer Jack Whyte. Keep an eye
out for those!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------8974B6F21339550FF84128A9-- --------------7F10740CDB2092C1FCBDBB0C Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="Xoanon.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Xoanon Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Xoanon.vcf" begin:vcard n:;Xoanon tel;fax:514.695.7506 tel;work:514.947.5221 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:Xoanon@theonering.net x-mozilla-cpt:;-23136 fn:Xoanon end:vcard --------------7F10740CDB2092C1FCBDBB0C--