[Barlibash] BOSTON!!!

MECHELLE ROGERS alquawen@optonline.net
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:37:18 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_3bZj+xIJmSTBFwoTnKhT5w)

Got this info from my brother (Boston resident for many years).

Alquawen

For the best Italian food in the North End, go to Cantina Italiano on
Hanover Street, in my opinion. It is small but good. I don't like going to
Italian restaurants because it is never as good as Mom or I can make, but I
do like Cantina Italiano. It has a wine bottled sticking out from the sign
above your head and is on the same side as the Fire House. We also like Lo
Conte's on Salem Street but it has been a long time since we've been there.
Of course, Mike's Pastries (also on Hanover Street) is a very famous place.

There is also a restaurant/bar on Hanover street that has a comedy improv
show running most of the time (probably like Whose Line Is It Anyway without
the annoying host).

On another note, I think that the Paradise (mentioned below) has been
closed. At least the one on Commonwealth Ave (where bands like U2 got their
first exposure to Boston) has been closed. I don't know for sure, but I've
heard things about the Metro (?) as a good club. I don't go dancing so I
don't know. The Middle East Cafe in Cambridge still is a good place for
music, last I heard.

Going to the top of the Prudential or the Hancock tower were always fun
during the day. You have a great view of the city. I'm not sure those are
still open for tourists since 9-11.

The Bull and Finch (the real Cheers) is okay. It's just a bar and it is
quite a bit smaller than Cheers on TV. They do have a decent restaurant
above the bar. That's where Danny and I and my groomsmen went the night
before the wedding for my bachelor party. But it's just a bar and a
restaurant. Nothing really too exciting and it does put you all the way on
the other side of the Boston Common from where most of the night life is.

Given the crowd that is going to this, I'm surprised no one has talked about
trying to take in a show in the theater district. I'm not sure what's
playing but there are good quality shows down there. We've seen Les Mis.,
Evita and Stomp during our tenure in this area.

Other than that, I don't really know. We don't do a lot of touristy kinds of
things. We've enjoyed picnicking in the Common and taking the Swan Boat
rides on a nice day. We've enjoyed the Aquarium and we've enjoyed the Museum
of Science. Fanueil Hall is always a nice place to hang out and is within
walking distance of the North End for Italian food, though there is no
shortage of food (and shopping) at Fanueil Hall.

--Boundary_(ID_3bZj+xIJmSTBFwoTnKhT5w)

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">

<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Freestyle Script";
	panose-1:3 8 4 2 3 2 5 11 4 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:navy;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:navy'>Got this info

style='font-size:18.0pt;font-family:"Freestyle Script";color:#004080;

style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>For the best Italian food in the
North End, go to Cantina Italiano on Hanover Street, in my opinion. It is small
but good. I don't like going to Italian restaurants because it is never as good
as Mom or I can make, but I do like Cantina Italiano. It has a wine bottled
sticking out from the sign above your head and is on the same side as the Fire
House. We also like Lo Conte's on Salem Street but it has been a long time
since we've been there. Of course, Mike's Pastries (also on Hanover Street) is

style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>There is also a restaurant/bar on
Hanover street that has a comedy improv show running most of the time (probably

style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>On another note, I think that the
Paradise (mentioned below) has been closed. At least the one on Commonwealth
Ave (where bands like U2 got their first exposure to Boston) has been closed. I
don't know for sure, but I've heard things about the Metro (?) as a good club.
I don't go dancing so I don't know. The Middle East Cafe in Cambridge still is

style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Going to the top of the Prudential
or the Hancock tower were always fun during the day. You have a great view of

style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>The Bull and Finch (the real Cheers)
is okay. It's just a bar and it is quite a bit smaller than Cheers on TV. They
do have a decent restaurant above the bar. That's where Danny and I and my
groomsmen went the night before the wedding for my bachelor party. But it's
just a bar and a restaurant. Nothing really too exciting and it does put you
all the way on the other side of the Boston Common from where most of the night

style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>Given the crowd that
is going to this, I'm surprised no one has talked about trying to take in a
show in the theater district. I'm not sure what's playing but there are good

font-family:Arial'>Other than that, I don't really know. We don't do a lot of