[Barlibash] Stuff to do in Boston

Joel jpubx1@westvi.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:45:57 -0700

--=====================_17020974==.ALT

The museum of science is actually worth more than the LotR exhibit of=20
course... I also suggest that anyone who wants to eat "fancy" one night=20
(not suit/tie & dress fancy, but sorta dressed up fancy) get together and=20
plan that dinner.

-Joel

At 01:15 PM 7/18/2004, Polly Grabecki wrote:
>hmmmm, this is sounding more and more interesting. What are we doing on=20
>thursday evening? or late afternoon? I doubt seriously if I will go=20
>clubbing though. That's not my thing any more. sigh. Then, there will be a=
=20
>lot of people there for wednesday evening activities too. I'll be arriving=
=20
>on wednesday early afternoon and need to eat! Don't forget that the=20
>Constitution is there and calling to us to visit also. :)
>Polly aka Beruthiel
 Fletcher
>Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 3:59 PM
>To: Nancy; maegwen; barlibash@theonering.net
>Subject: Re: [Barlibash] Stuff to do in Boston
>
>It could work!!!!  Museum in the afternoon; our times are somewhere around=
=20
>2 p.m.  (the museum is open till 9 pm on Fridays).  Then, maybe go SAILING=
=20
>around 6 or 7 p.m.? (laying around on a boat & assuming they do night=20
>cruises) Then, dinner somewhere, and then (change at room for club=20
>attire), those who are into clubbing, most places it seems don't open till=
=20
>10 p.m. or later anyway, go clubbing.
>
>Or, this could be unrealistically ambitious. :)
>
>~mallorn~

Middle East,=E2=80=99 but I
>checked with my friends who play up there kinda regularly, and they said it
>hasn=E2=80=99t gone downhill at all. They also mentioned playing at the=
 Lizard
>Lounge, which sounded rather neat.

 East
>place---very cool!!)
> >
> > I'm not positive, but I think the only definite plans are the exhibit on
>Friday afternoon and Hannaboffin & family's pool party Saturday afternoon
>(not sure if it's afternoon, just guessing.)
> >
> > ~mallorn~ (who tends to try and squeeze in as many things as possible=
 into
>a day)

 <http://www.nps.gov/bost/freedom_trail.htm>http://www.nps.gov/bost/freedom_=
trail.htm

> > Oh, and if anyone is into old (and I mean *old*) cemeteries, Boston has
> > many historic burying grounds:
> >=20
>=
 <http://www.cityofboston.gov/parks/HBGI/hbg.asp>http://www.cityofboston.gov=
/parks/HBGI/hbg.asp

--=====================_17020974==.ALT

The museum of science is actually worth more than the LotR exhibit of
course... I also suggest that anyone who wants to eat &quot;fancy&quot;
one night (not suit/tie &amp; dress fancy, but sorta dressed up fancy)
get together and plan that dinner.<br><br>
-Joel<br><br>
At 01:15 PM 7/18/2004, Polly Grabecki wrote:<br>
 color=3D"#0000FF">hmmmm,
this is sounding more and more interesting. What are we doing on thursday
evening? or late afternoon? I doubt seriously if I will go clubbing
though. That's not my thing any more. sigh. Then, there will be a lot of
people there for wednesday evening activities too. I'll be arriving on
wednesday early afternoon and need to eat! Don't forget that the
Constitution is there and calling to us to visit also. :)<br>
Polly aka Beruthiel<br>
<dl>

<dd>From:</b> barlibash-admin@theonering.net
[<a href=3D"mailto:barlibash-admin@theonering.net" eudora=3D"autourl">mailto=
:barlibash-admin@theonering.net</a>]
On Behalf Of </b>Carol and Daniel Fletcher<br>

<dd><font face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2 color=3D"#800000">It could
work!!!!&nbsp; Museum in the afternoon; our times are somewhere around 2
p.m.&nbsp; (the museum is open till 9 pm on Fridays).&nbsp; Then, maybe
go SAILING around 6 or 7 p.m.? (laying around on a boat &amp; assuming
they do night cruises) Then, dinner somewhere, and then (change at room
for club attire), those who are into clubbing, most places it seems don't
open till 10 p.m. or later anyway, go clubbing. <br>
<dd>&nbsp;<br>

<dd><font face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2 color=3D"#800000">Or, this could b=
unrealistically ambitious. :)<br>
<dd>&nbsp;<br>

<dl>
<dd>----- Original Message ----- <br>

<dd>From:</b> <a href=3D"mailto:nbro1@cox.net">Nancy</a> <br>

<dd>To:</b> <a href=3D"mailto:maegwen@theonering.net">maegwen</a> ;

<dd>I'd also like to try the sail on Friday. And the club. And dinner.=
 And,<br>

<dd>and....<br>

<dd>Ohhh! So much to do and so little time!<br>

<dd>~Nancy<br>

<dd>----- Original Message ----- <br>

<dd>From: &quot;maegwen&quot; &lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:maegwen@theonering.net">maegwen@theonering.net</a>&gt;<br>

<dd>To: &quot;'Carol and Daniel Fletcher'&quot; &lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:cdfletch@optonline.net">cdfletch@optonline.net</a>&gt;;<br>

<dd>&lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:barlibash@theonering.net">barlibash@theonering.net</a>&gt;<b=
r>

<dd>Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 12:34 PM<br>

<dd>&gt; My kind of lady, lol.<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; Actually, a late afternoon sail could be cool both literally=
 and<br>

<dd>figuratively (it is early August, after all.)<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; Well, I=E2=80=99m up for it, if others are. =E2=98=BA&nbsp; I see=
 that they do require 24 hour<br>

<dd>advance reservations, so I guess others should chime in with their=
 thoughts?<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; And it=E2=80=99s been about 3 years since I=E2=80=99ve been to=
 =E2=80=98Middle East,=E2=80=99 but I<br>

<dd>checked with my friends who play up there kinda regularly, and they said=
 it<br>

<dd>hasn=E2=80=99t gone downhill at all. They also mentioned playing at the=
 Lizard<br>

<dd>Lounge, which sounded rather neat.<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>

<dd>&gt; From: Carol and Daniel Fletcher [<a=
 href=3D"mailto:cdfletch@optonline.net"=
 eudora=3D"autourl">mailto:cdfletch@optonline.net</a>]<br>

<dd>&gt; Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 11:21 AM<br>

<dd>&gt; To: maegwen; <a=
 href=3D"mailto:barlibash@theonering.net">barlibash@theonering.net</a><br>

<dd>&gt; Subject: Re: [Barlibash] Stuff to do in Boston<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; Yes, it would be incredibly awesome! As far as squeezing it in,=
 maybe we<br>

<dd>can go SAILING after the museum on Friday, figuring, w/a big lunch, we=
 might<br>

<dd>not be ready to eat for a bit. After that, it seems like there are=
 plenty of<br>

<dd>later-night places to eat.&nbsp; (I checked out that web site for the=
 Middle East<br>

<dd>place---very cool!!)<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; I'm not positive, but I think the only definite plans are the=
 exhibit on<br>

<dd>Friday afternoon and Hannaboffin &amp; family's pool party Saturday=
 afternoon<br>

<dd>(not sure if it's afternoon, just guessing.)<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; ~mallorn~ (who tends to try and squeeze in as many things as=
 possible into<br>

<dd>a day)<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; ----- Original Message ----- <br>

<dd>&gt; From: maegwen<br>

<dd>&gt; To: 'Carol and Daniel Fletcher'<br>

<dd>&gt; Cc: <a href=3D"mailto:Thorongil19@aol.com">Thorongil19@aol.com</a>=
 ; <a href=3D"mailto:corvar@theonering.net">corvar@theonering.net</a> ; <a=
 href=3D"mailto:barlibash@theonering.net">barlibash@theonering.net</a><br>

<dd>&gt; Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 10:34 AM<br>

<dd>&gt; Subject: RE: [Barlibash] Stuff to do in Boston<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; Oh, you see - a SAILING tour would be soooo awesome. I love those=
 schooner<br>

<dd>&gt; ships. I just am wondering - when do we have time to do these=
 things? I am<br>

<dd>&gt; not up on what the schedule of &quot;events&quot; is, but I think=
 Friday and<br>

<dd>Saturday<br>

<dd>&gt; are booked, right?<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; Thanks for the linkie, mal :)<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; --maegwen<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>

<dd>&gt; From: Carol and Daniel Fletcher [<a=
 href=3D"mailto:cdfletch@optonline.net"=
 eudora=3D"autourl">mailto:cdfletch@optonline.net</a>]<br>

<dd>&gt; Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 11:26 PM<br>

<dd>&gt; To: maegwen<br>

<dd>&gt; Cc: <a href=3D"mailto:Thorongil19@aol.com">Thorongil19@aol.com</a>;=
 href=3D"mailto:barlibash@theonering.net">barlibash@theonering.net</a><br>

<dd>&gt; Subject: Re: [Barlibash] Stuff to do in Boston<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; Re: the Freedom Trail, they have walking, bus-riding, and SAILING=
 historic<br>

<dd>&gt; tours. Below is info on the sailing one, which I thought sounded=
 like fun.<br>

<dd>&gt; I've done sails on a historic schooner ship and they're=
 fantastic.<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; Privateer Sail<br>

<dd>&gt; Join your Colonial host on a tall ship sail<br>

<dd>&gt; Tours are 2-hours and take place in Boston Harbor and around the=
 harbor<br>

<dd>&gt; islands.<br>

<dd>&gt; Your hosts will relate stories about the history of tea-time, the=
 Boston<br>

<dd>tea<br>

<dd>&gt; party, and family life in colonial Boston. Colonial, costumed=
 characters<br>

<dd>&gt; will tell the stories of Boston's Revolutionary sites from shore to=
 ship.<br>

<dd>&gt; Guides will reenact the highlights of the Boston tea party.=
 Interactive<br>

<dd>and<br>

<dd>&gt; fun for all ages!<br>

<dd>&gt; Available every Saturday June through August.<br>

<dd>&gt; Tickets: $35.00 adults, $23.00 children<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Click to=
 reserve<br>

<dd>or<br>

<dd>&gt; call 617-357-8300 for rates and reservations.<br>

<dd>&gt; -mallorn<br>

<dd>&gt; ----- Original Message ----- <br>

<dd>&gt; From: maegwen<br>

<dd>&gt; To: <a=
 href=3D"mailto:maegwen@theonering.net">maegwen@theonering.net</a><br>

<dd>&gt; Cc: <a href=3D"mailto:Thorongil19@aol.com">Thorongil19@aol.com</a>=
 ; <a href=3D"mailto:cdfletch@optonline.net">cdfletch@optonline.net</a> ; <a=
 href=3D"mailto:corvar@theonering.net">corvar@theonering.net</a> ;<br>

<dd>&gt; <a=
 href=3D"mailto:barlibash@theonering.net">barlibash@theonering.net</a><br>

<dd>&gt; Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 2:02 PM<br>

<dd>&gt; Subject: Re: [Barlibash] Stuff to do in Boston<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; Oh, and the Freedom Trail IS fun, if you are into history or=
 even<br>

<dd>&gt; cursorily interested.<br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; What is the Freedom Trail: <a=
 href=3D"http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/">http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/</a=

<dd>&gt; Virtual Tour: <a=
 href=3D"http://www.nps.gov/bost/freedom_trail.htm">http://www.nps.gov/bost/=
freedom_trail.htm</a><br>

<dd>&gt;<br>

<dd>&gt; Oh, and if anyone is into old (and I mean *old*) cemeteries, Boston=
 has<br>

<dd>&gt; many historic burying grounds:<br>

<dd>&gt; <a=
 href=3D"http://www.cityofboston.gov/parks/HBGI/hbg.asp">http://www.cityofbo=
ston.gov/parks/HBGI/hbg.asp</a><br>

<dd>&gt;<br>