The Lord of the Rings - Evolution News
- Xoanon @ 21:57 PST
The folks from TOPPS send along some more details of thier 'Lord of the Rings: Evolution' series. [Visit Topps.com]
* Similar to the Star Wars - Evolution set from 2001, this is an all-character series (a first for Lord of the Rings, as all 7 past sets have been story-based). It will be printed on silver-foil stock and will feature double-image front designs (a primary big image, and a secondary, smaller image). There will be 72 cards, which will be broken into Character, Races and Creatures subsets (plus a title/checklist card).
* There will also be rare Evolution A and Evolution B insert variants, showing some of the characters in different costumes for the secondary front image and back image. These are two different sets of insert cards. They are not a subset of the regular base cards. They are variants of those cards, but they are two different sets of chase. There are 20 Evolution As, at a ratio of 1:4, and 12 Evolution Bs, at a ratio of 1:12. They are both in the Hobby and Retail versions of the product.
* Perhaps of even greater interest to the Hobby, is that this product will include -- for the first time ever -- Lord of the Rings Sketch Cards. This will feature all new art created by 47 artists. Each card will again be a 1 of 1, unique card. The Star Wars Sketch Cards have proven tremendously popular, and we're confident Rings fans will be just as excited about these, as well. The list of artists participating in the sketch card program is attached in a Word document. These are in the Hobby only.
* Additional inserts include Stained Glass cards, featuring the Fellowship of the Ring plus Bilbo. There are 10 Stained Glass cards, at a ratio of 1:6. This is in both the Hobby and Retail versions of the product.
* The Retail product, instead of sketch cards, will have 9 new memorabilia cards. These are 9 all new relics, i.e., material we have NOT used before in any set. They are only in the Retail version of the product.
* The Relic Cards and Sketch Card ratios are still TBD at this time, however the goal we are aiming for is one per box. However, if you note that in the article, please also note that we can't guarantee those ratios at this time.
THE LORD OF THE RINGS – EVOLUTION SKETCH ARTIST LIST
Christian Dalla Vecchia
Juan Carlos Ramos
Renae De Liz