Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 5:16 PM
Subject: Tuesday Trilogy info for SoCal kids

I don't know if this is needed, but I have been working my little tail off trying to find more info on the Trilogy Tuesday. I will be attending at The AMC Block 30 in Orange, California and these are the details I've found... Tickets go on sale ONLINE ONLY 10/9/03 at 12:00PM (noon) CST (I believe that will make it 10:00AM PST). The website to go to is www.amctheatres.com (go now and register early to save time). Tickets are $30 each. The times are FOTR @ 1:00PM, TTT @ 5:30PM, and ROTK @ 10:00PM. For more info call (714) 769-4228 - this will give you an actual person, not the annoying automated system.

Hope this helps those of you that are antsy like I am!

Thank you for your awesome site. I don't know what I'd do without it. Seriously. I'm addicted. :)

* * *

Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 7:00 PM
Subject: Trilogy Tuesday Info: AMC @ The Block in Orange, CA

I just spoke with AMC @ The Block in Orange, CA. Tickets for Trilogy Tuesday go on sale at 10am on Thursday the 9th at http://www.movietickets.com. The tickets are $30 each with a limit of 10 tickets per person. On that day, FOTR starts at 1pm and there is a 45 minute gap in between each movie (hooray for bathroom breaks!).
If you want to contact the theater directly with any questions, call 714-769-4288. I got this precious number where an actual person answered (!) by calling the AMC Guest Services 800 number (877-262-4450).

*** THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9TH ***

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 12:49 PM
Subject: ALL Trilogy AMC Showings SOLD OUT?

Not sure if this is more of an update, or just a question in desperation. I've been trying to get tickets to the AMC 30 At The Block (Orange, CA), and the 1:00pm showing has been greyed out (no link) since 9:30am this morning. For the hell of it I checked the same thing for the other AMC theaters, but they seem to be having the same "problem". The individual FOTR and TT showings seem to be available. Have you received any reports that the AMC showings are actually sold out, or is their website just screwed up?

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 2:48 PM
Subject: Tuesday Trilogy Movietickets.com information

Hi Maegwen,

I'm sure this is redundant information at this point, but I thought you might let people know that if they are trying to buy tickets for Trilogy Tuesday for an AMC theater using Movietickets.com, AMC's system is down. I was told at 12:00 P.M. by both the website customer service and my local theater (AMC 30 at The Block, Orange, CA) that they are working on the problem and to keep trying to buy tickets. I was also assured that if the theater says tickets are only available online, this is the only way to get them. At the Block specifically, there will be about 500 tickets available and they were only able to sell 12 by 12:00 P.M. today.

I don't know if that is useful, but I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks, Kim

PS-- I love your site, I check it all the time :)

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 4:07 PM
Subject: amc orange at the block 30 trilogy tuesday sale - NOT SOLD OUT

I just spoke with someone at the actual movie theatre, and she stated that NO tickets had been sold to anyone in line today, that the only way to get them today was online. She also stated that as SOON as they were placed to go on sale online, their system crashed, and they've been trying to fix it all morning long. So, keep faith, because they're supposed to get the site up and running sometime today! I can't get through to MovieTickets.com customer service line as it's been completely busy all day long. So NO tickets have been sold as of yet. And as soon as they sell out online, that's it, nothing should be expected tomorrow.

So it's not sold out yet. I'm sure it will by the time it comes back up.

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 4:57 PM
Subject: The Block @ Orange

I just called the Block at Orange AMC 30 and reserved my tickets. They just got authorization to sell tickets there at the theater, and when I told them
that I live 40 miles away, they agreed to let me order over the phone. He said they still have lots left because the website has been messed up all day.

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 5:18 PM

Maegwen,

I cannot thank you enough for your e-mail! Not 30 minutes before I received it, I had called the Block yet again, and they were still telling me that the Internet would be the only way to get the tickets. But thanks to you, I called again and now have my tickets! I really appreciate you passing on the info!
Kim :)

maegwen wrote:
Kim, thanks very much for the info and the compliment.

Someone just sent this to me, so FYI:

"I just called the Block at Orange AMC 30 and reserved my tickets. They just got authorization to sell tickets there at the theater, and when I told them that I live 40 miles away, they agreed to let me order over the phone. He said they still have lots left because the website has been messed up all day."

Good luck!

--Maegwen

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 5:19 PM
Subject: RE: ALL Trilogy AMC Showings SOLD OUT? - PHONE NUMBER

I know you're getting a lot of e-mail's, but wanted to shoot back that we definitely can call and get tickets (just got mine). If you want to post a phone number for the direct voice line: 714-922-0075. Thanks for your help, and by the way I love the site, been a fan since it opened up.

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 5:25 PM
Subject: GOT THE NUMBER! AMC Block in Orange problem solved

Tickets bought! Here's the number:

(714) 922-0075

Just ask calmly for the tickets and they'll switch you to someone who can book them for ya. :-)

Yay! Thanks for putting up with me. :-)

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 5:27 PM
Subject: Orange, CA The Block UPDATE!

After a disappointing morning with Arclight, I called The Block (3:20 PST) to ask if they are sold out... the guy said they weren't. I told him about
the website not working, and he said it was down, but we could purchase tickets at the box office or over the phone. So... I did! I double checked everything, and YES, the box office is open right now, and YES they'll take orders over the phone. I gave him my credit card number, and I'm out the door to pick up my tickets right now! Good luck everyone!

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 5:40 PM
Subject: Trilogy Tickets for Block At Orange California

I was able to order tickets over the phone. The website is still down. According to the box office, they will be sold out within the hour at the current rate of calls. HURRY... the phone number listed by Mathew is good. Good luck.

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 5:57 PM
Subject: AMC The Block at Orange SOLD OUT

I just talked to them 3:45 PST and they said they are sold out for the trilogy.

:(

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 5:59 PM
Subject: Orange AMC @ The Block 30 SOLD OUT

Hi! I just called the Orange AMC @ The Block 30 box-office and I can sadly confirm that they are DEFINITELY sold out
(I missed them too). It's 4PM PST here.

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 6:01 PM
Subject: The Block Orange, CA update

i just called like 20 minutes ago and got in. people need their credit card information handy when they get through. tickets are near gone; it is not totally sold out as i write this so hurry if you want in. basically they will just ask for your credit card number and place your cc number and order directly into the theatre database. when i asked for a confirmation number of some sort i was told you are free to go and pick up your tickets at any time between now and the show with the credit card used during the purchase and your photo i.d., theres no need for anything else.

did anyone else not have to give a name? i thought that was kinda wierd. oh well.

after a day of clicking reload, retyping the zip code to the block, smashing my head against the keyboard when the processing portion went waaaaaaaay over 5 minutes, cursing, praying, cursing again that everything would be alright, a happy ending, indeed.

thanks to all the people who updated torn, you were the way i got in, had i not seen the you can call post when i got home today, i'd probably be left out in the cold right now. again, thanks a lot.

TORn fan

* * *

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 6:29 PM
Subject: RE: AMC The Block at Orange SOLD OUT

Me sorry too. :(

I certainly hope they add days or theaters to this. Certainly they can see the demand is very high!

*fingers crossing*

:)

--- maegwen wrote:
> Wow!
> That was fast :(
> I'm sorry Ron :(
> --maegwen
>
> *sadly posts the news*

*** FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10TH ***

Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 1:51 PM
Subject: Block at Orange, CA

Just called to complain at the theater itself and this was the report.

They are sold out. They sold out in about 45 min after receiving the OK to sell for their 500+ seat theater. They suggested that we call 887-262-445 (AMC Corporate Customer Service) to lodge a complaint and maybe that would entice them to open another screening in the area.

~Disappointed Fan

*** SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11TH ***

Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2003 12:49 AM
Subject: Possible HUGE PROBLEMS to insue on 12/16 at Orange, CA unless fixed

sup maegwen,

so my last news update was about 10 minutes too late. but this is a real concern of mine and probably others for a variety of reasons; heres the story:

tonight i went to the box office at the block in orange to pick up my tickets for trilogy tuesday. i got to window, showed my credit card to the guy at the window. he processed my order and he printed out my tickets. problem was, i only ordered two, he handed me four. i automatically assumed there was a mistake in the order process and i was going to be charged for four tickets. so anyway, after going "why did you give me 4 for?" and i explaining that i only ordered two, he told me to go inside to the customer service desk. so i go inside and they call a manager. she checks my receipt (which i stupidly didnt check to see how much i was charged) and says ive only been charged for two tickets but something is funny with the ticketing process and it is printing out more tickets per order than actually ordered. she cited another instance earlier in the day where somebody ordered 6 and it printed out 9.

so heres where the problem arises: come 12/16 if they dont have some mechanism to stop this and someone decides the hell with it i am keeping the extra tickets people who legitly paid the money for the tickets got in may be out of a seat because of the over crowding problem. i dont know what amc is doing about this, if anything, but if someone looked at the receipt and was so inclined to say the hell with it they could take whatever extra tickets they get and that would be a disaster for the entire expierence.

lso, people may be putting these extra tickets on ebay and all people may be paying for is a piece of paper with the movie title/theatre number on it, i dont know (if amc decides to do something like say make your bring your receipt to the theatre showing how many tickets you actually paid for). it was a cause of concern for me. needless to say, the manager took my extra tickets away and was vehement about keeping them which leads me to believe they were going to be valid the day of the show had i just kept them and given them to friends who couldnt get or sold them on the hated ebay. big time trouble. just thought i'd pass this along.

peace

* * *

Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2003 10:14 AM
Subject: Mess

The whole ticket sale was a mess for AMC at the Block in Orange - because the system crashed (either AMC's or Movietickets.com,) we spent all day trying to buy online. Once your site posted the phone number (a phone number that is not listed) to call and the fact that they were selling tickets over the phone, it was too late. We did everything correct to get tickets and got aced out!

I don't know why New Line can't open more venues - the audience is there to experience this once-in-a-lifetime fun event. Is there no way for the fans of LOTR to make New Line add theaters? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Diane

TRILOGY TUESDAY
Part 1: Just the Facts
Part 2: A Tale of Two Cities:Boston and Orange
Part 3: Crossing New Lines
Part 4: Fan Reactions
Part 5: Solutions

Part 3: Crossing New Lines >

home | advertising |contact us | back to top | site map | search | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2007 TheOneRing®.net. TheOneRing® is a registered service mark with exclusive right to grant use assigned to The One Ring, Inc. Unique Design by DesignHeroes.com Custom Programming by Angel Web Solutions

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap. Do not send email to this address, it will be reported as spam.